i have news too

rudy

Awesome Howard. Look very dark for new pups. Do you think they could have been hiding somewhere?

Raymann88

Congrats Howard. Nice pups. Did you notice if the pups still had a yolk sack attached or not. If they didn't, chance are they are a few days old or so. Pups won't eat while they still have a yolk sack which can take 3-4 days for them to absorb.

Last edited:

Raymann88

I just scooped them out and put them in clear bottom container, they are too small to sex them, they all seems female on day one.
I am getting the tank rdy, those pups is between 4-5".

So far everyone has suggest bloodworms, chipped earthworm to begin with, I wonder has anyone try mini sinking pellets to start with?

Can you see through the bottom of the container to sex them? Even as newborns claspers are clearly visible. When I move my pups that's what I use and view the pups from underneath.

Live black worms are excellent to get them feeding - small enough that you don't need to chop them up. The worms wriggling around seems to stimulate the pups to eat. When the pups are feeding aggressively, then I introduce new food.

Last edited:
Congrats Howard. Nice pups. Did you notice if the pups still had a yolk sack attached or not. If they didn't, chance are they are a few days old or so. Pups won't eat while they still have a yolk sack which can take 3-4 days for them to absorb.

The yolk were there yesterday when I scooped them out.

I had place them in the clear glass container and I can't see clasper, what is the chance of all 4 are female?

Gumby79

Nice Looking pups :) I do suggest just try starting with the pellets, Thats what I do every time and have no problems but if you start with a another food it take forever to get them to get of of it, espescially live black worms, do it only if you are having a problem getting them to eat.