My first Asian Aro (RTG)

-DC-

OF course the plan was to not bother with pictures until the "little guy" settles in but couldnt help myself lol, he's bigger then i expected (not a complaint!) pics in the ad didnt do him justice in the slightest (neither do these pic's as i've had him home for only a couple of minutes! )

The Oscar isnt happy about sharing his tank he's been following the aro around however is loosing interest fasta, the aro keeps taunting him though, goes toward him floats around till the oscar reacts then he slips into the floating wood where the oscar cant get to him lol

any way here's my first Aro..

DSC05090.jpg

DSC05091.jpg

DSC05114.jpg

DSC05123.jpg

DSC05140.jpg

IF you can spot him here, he's moved into the wood after teasing the oscar again lol
DSC05158.jpg

One from above for fun
DSC05176.jpg

lastly the cert, just because i've never owned a fish that's with papers before…
DSC05178.jpg

Devon

peacockbass

nice fish...looks like its gonna have a nice spoonhead....remember rule number one...keep your tank well covered to prevent it from jumping out.....and keep us updated with its progress....should be a stunner....

chen88

Super Moderator
nice looking shape on that RTG...welcome to the aro world!. as the others mentioned, not just having the lid on the tank will not be good enough and having all holes and opening is only part of it!. make sure the lid has a good weight to it so if he/she jumps the lid does not come off!.

Full tank photos??

Thanks!

-DC-

Here's a video to show the full tank tank shot from the week before i got the Aro, tank's the same now, except i've added the Aro lol

Click on the picture below, it's a video just in photo bucket so it displays oddlya on forums

-DC-

Hey everyone, thought i'd post an update, The oscar is pretty easy going havnt had any issues, stocking is increased on the tank added a few Indo Dat's,

pictured below first the indo dat's little one's ~6" larger ~11" little guy's a bit shy still active when i'm not in view but nervous around people. although i only added them friday lol so he'll warm up i'm sure

big guy
DSC05585.jpg

DSC05547.jpg

DSC05505.jpg

little guy
DSC05558.jpg

the pair
DSC05589.jpg

and here's a shot of the RTG i snapped the other day i like to show off!

DSC05231.jpg

and lastly a video of the whole tank as it looked yesterday! (if it looks like a picture of an oscar click on it to play video)

Enjoy

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Looks to be a real nice classic. Love the colors on it. It'll look great as an adult in that dark tank. He may be shy but really owns the tank when he swims around. :)

Whats the substrate and backround in the there? I reall y like the effect

Last edited:

-DC-

no substrate (except a small pile of Endil's hiding behind that log lol) what you see it bare tank it's a plywood tank sealed with ZavLar.

And thanks for the complements!

jsodwi

Nice. If that oscar show a problem again, I'd lose him. The aro will start to jump if he is being chased and getting stressed