New BD Pup batch Jan 29/14

chen88

Super Moderator
Congrats.....it's BD dance party....which one is the dj?.....lol...

They look awesome

Thx...lol, I just watched the video...didn't hear the music since I loaded it. Lol.

Yeah, very happy with the turn out of the pups. Might end up keeping all of them and grow them.

chen88

Super Moderator
Long ways away so it shouldn't be a problem. Mine was eating pellets within the week. Now he is eating carnivore,broken up massivore and hikari gold sinking.

Yeah...all the pups including the female are eating massivores now. They are nibbling at the broken up pieces I drop in so that's a great sign that they are doing that. I'm not going to temp them with anything else since they are starting to take them....not a lot but they are taking them...if I can grow them out to 8-10" in 4-6 months I'll keep them and put them into my main tank. Great quality so thinking about keeping

chen88

Super Moderator
Here's a quick video of the Pups having their morning breakfast of champions.. (Massivore). This is where it gets fun and not so stressful hoping they will eat...now that they are eating it's a matter of enjoying them and hope they get big enough to put into main tank in 6 months or so..

http://youtu.be/PQN5s2FFwvw

chen88

Super Moderator
Pups are feeding twice per day now on massivore...very happy with progress of them heading for massivore as their first food after birth (with the exception of the 3 1/2 month old female...but she's also on massivore now too).

Noticing lots of faint spots appearing....hopefully lots more the come!

Here's a feeding Vid just taken.

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
hard to take good shots of the rays while in the sump under my tank as it's dark and when I turn on the lights they scatter...:) Anyways...the female is now at 6" diameter and fat, the 3 boys are catching up to her at around 5-5 1/2". feed twice per day on Massivore....so fricken happy with these pups. I'm quite sure my smaller female and male did their deeds again so hopefully more from both females before end of this year.

i'm going to consider selling a male or two soon...the males would is now 2 1/2 months.

The female's spots are already starting to donuts...neat to see

I'll have to find time to scoop them out and take some photos soon.

Last edited: