New BD Pup batch July 7th, 2014

chen88

Super Moderator
Woke up this morning to find a couple more pups in my tank. One of them was already dead while the other was good. Placed her/him into the sump with the other 4 larger pups so hope he/she makes it. I wasn't expecting the pup to come so quick and thought that the smaller female that gave birth last Oct to a female pup was pregnant first but I did noticed the larger female who gave birth to 3 male pups at the end of Jan 2014 was due later...but it looks like the pups are from her but she still looks a bit big so maybe not all have come out. Here's a quick photo I took this morning before I had to rush off to work. Pup's approx. 3 1/2" dia.

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok...so just got home and found another pup in the main tank...and looks like it might have (all 3 of them) been from the smaller female BD as I originally thought...can't tell sex as yet.

Good problem to have but I now have 6 pups....and think if my larger female is indeed prego she should be expecting aug-sept....going to have to start thinking about selling the other 4 larger ones or setup a tank really quick!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations Chen, you are a one man stingray breeding factory! :)

Best of luck with raising this new one. It looks like a good one.

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks Rich....one of the female new born from this week has already been sold and picked up...the other is pending buyers viewing this Sat. Also one male pup from Jan is pending....going keep the female pup from last oct and one male for myself....