new BD pup

h.l_nathan

Chen I remembered when I visit Frank and Niko they were giving their prego mothers mussels and scallops along with their reg prawns to fatten the mother and pups up

chen88

Super Moderator
ok good to know....assuming the mussels were the cooked type? scallops? lol...too expensive to be feeding them! ..... my wife would kill me! ....I'll pick some mussels tonight but she's getting big already so not sure how much more food she can take as their main diets has always been Massivore...

Herb2112

Chen I would get fresh mussels and clams
cook them in boiling water just till the shells open
toss the ones that did not open
bag and freeze in small batches

chen88

Super Moderator
My larger WC Female has now been separated within the main tank...she's getting bigger by the day! it's quite cool to see her develop unlike the smaller female when she was pregnant. The pups are kicking like mad and you can clearly see them jump around inside. Not sure how long she's been pregnant but with the movements of the pups inside her being more aggressive I'm hoping not too much longer.

I guess there's no real timing is there? ie...when pups are moving more and more could it be like 2-3 weeks? or sooner?

chen88

Super Moderator
Update of the female Pup...trained her to come up to the top of the tank when I splash the water...allows me to rub her a bit before i give her a cube of blood worms...she'll take two per service twice per day...gave her some worms but she hasn't taken to them yet!

http://youtu.be/ZXoHHmBzBDU