New Ray

Hey Guys received my p13 on Tuesday night. So far its been 72 hours and the ray started eating bloodworms yesterday, just wanted to know how to fatten him up because he eats only a little at a time, he is 12 inches

bcarlos

Earthworms are like crack for my Henlei's and they are great sources of protein. Certainly not a sustainable base food, but good for getting your ray to start eating. At that size, you should be feeding MP, too. Be sure to cut it up into small pieces until it learns to take larger ones.

And yeah, post some pics!

Alright guys ill get pics tonight but this was him at Mikes place.
He is WC BTW

11-male.jpg
P13 import 9-23-10 007.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok, did mike not tell you what he was eating? Mike should gave been feeding him 2-3 types of food in preparation if sending him tingly. Ie. Worms, mps , etc

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Be super careful of getting him hooked on earthworms. I would offer cut up prawn/shrimp/silversides with live blood worms.

Just watch out for the earthworms, they can be incrdibly addictive.

chen88

Super Moderator
It shouldn't be difficult to get Jim on mp's! Start small and move up! It really is that easy as long as your water params are good, he will eat!,

bcarlos

Mine take earthworms and market prawn interchangably, no problem. Trick is to offer worms as a treat, and that's it. They're not really a viable base food from a cost perspective but IMO for fattening up, they're the best.