New Tank Setup

bcarlos

All that hard work paid off. Looks awesome, Chen.

Would definitely look nice with a malay driftwood centre piece.

chen88

Super Moderator
the black silicone tubing looks way better. good choice

Yeah...been looking for that and just happen to see it at BA...some new supplier....so had to get it....

I've only got one of my 2 Reeflo inline pumps going right now as the other is left off until my replacement arrives. It was that pump that was heating up my tank as since I've turn it off the temp is at 79-80 without a heater so I'm happy with that...there will be some temp being heated from the inline and also both tank and Sump is fully enclosed so it does keep it insulated with the 1" thick acrylic....

Getting real close to putting the rest of the boys and girls in..target date is Saturday morning....

chen88

Super Moderator
All that hard work paid off. Looks awesome, Chen.

Would definitely look nice with a malay driftwood centre piece.

Yeah...will give that a try...just don't like wood sometimes with the growth of fungas on them...but told they eventually go away...going to try one first and then see how it goes.

bcarlos

Yeah...will give that a try...just don't like wood sometimes with the growth of fungas on them...but told they eventually go away...going to try one first and then see how it goes.

Maybe you need a nice, rare pleco in there to take care of that... perhaps an albino acanthicus adonis, of which I happen to have a few :D

chen88

Super Moderator
a pair of 12" diameter BD's just went in today....the last (1 BD female and pair of Henlei's) will go in Friday.....

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
I'll try for better pics later on...using my P&S Canon for the last time as wife is taking that on her trip so I'll be back onto my DSLR

chen88

Super Moderator
Had Tenecor make up "silencers" for my overflow and just got them...place them into the overflow and WOW...it goes from a waterfall sound level to an underwater pump...almost like a jet engineer to a hybrid...here are some pics...what the silencer does is elevates the output into the sump to approx. 28" above the bottom of the tank...meaning instead of the water splashing down almost 28" to the bottom of the overflow, it only drops an inch!...

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
decommissioning of old tank done...some clean up and tank's good to go for new owner...all fish now happy in new tank...transfer all remaining media from Pro 3 and FX5 into sump....pics soon...just too tire right now and at least a couple more hours to clean up ground floor ....sigh....not easy work! lol

m_class2g

Sponsor
wow awesome end product!!! glad to see everything went well! definately a super nice show tank!

so what else are you planning on stocking this tank with!? looks like you have a lot of room to play with lol

chen88

Super Moderator
planning to sell off pair of P13 and add one special cat....here are some photos just taken..

Replacement Pump..and media into sump from old filter...all is working great...
IMG_4905_2.jpg

IMG_4906_2.jpg

IMG_4923_2.jpg

IMG_4930_2.jpg

IMG_4959_2.jpg

IMG_4961_2.jpg