Newer Type of Bacteria House Media (from China) .......

EEYY

Key difference is that the surface is much smoother than the old type, having more small holes on the surface.

Can apply to both freshwater and saltwater tanks.

Size is about 7" (long) and 1.5" (high)

Price (per piece):
- 10 or less: $6.50

- 11 to 49: $5.75

- 50 to 100: $5.25

- 101 or more $5.00

With a minimum purchase of 5 pieces (no delivery)

Shipping cost is at the expense of non-Toronto buyer. If you want to check out the shipping cost, please PM me your postal code.

Only checked out one sample box so far. There has 142 pieces per box and the weight is about 55 lbs.

If you are interested, please PM me. I will try my best to meet you after June 5, 2010.

Thanks

DSC04942-1.jpg

DSC04936.jpg

Box_Of_Newer_Type_BacteriaHouseM-1.jpg

Last edited:

EEYY

Bump.

Group purchase can be arranged, price would be depending on the quantity.

I have several feedback to me that this type of bacteria house media is also very good for livestock in saltwater tank.

Last edited:

EEYY

Bump.

Excellent for arowana and/or stingrays comm. tanks. Very effective in terms of lowering the nitrate level.

Last edited:

EEYY

I decided to use this type of over-the-top sump for about a year and find that very easy to use especially knowing when to change the filter floss. Also, I realize a lot of Asian hobbyists tend to use this type of sump. Thus, just give it a try.

A lot of viewers asking me how many pieces of bacteria house media is needed to buy. In my case, I am using about 25 - 30 larger pieces in the middle and the right hand side and the red-color type in the left hand side compartment. This is totally based on the compartment design. And this is good enough for my 180G tank.

Display_Bacteria_House_Media002.jpg

Last edited:

EEYY

Looks good, Eric. I'll bet that tank has near perfect water parameters, too.

The key is the "Far infrared rays" in this product that could really enhance the water quality.

Works very well especially when you have above-average bio-load, such as 4 or 5 rays in a tank.

Clear front and side view.

EEYY

Just do a quick shipping cost check from Canada Post web site. I chose a Vancouver postal code as this would be considered the longest distance away from Toronto (within Canada).

A box of bacteria house media has 142 pieces in it.

<< From Canada Post web site >>
Box Size: 19.5"L by 19.5"W by 9"H

Weight: 46 lbs (roughly)

Here is the breakdown:

Base Price: $143.33
Fuel Surcharge: $16.48
Tax: $19.18
================
Total: $178.99

By looking at this rate, I would say if you guys can find a group of potential buyers that are located in one particular area / city, maybe I can find a shipping company to ship. This type of shipping company can also provide tracking#. By doing so, that should help to reduce the shipping cost.

Thanks.

goldenchild

I've been thinking of building such a sump. Nice to know that in the case of a power failure... no overflowing and the filter keeps working when the power comes back on.

Its 95% of what people use in Asia.

EEYY

I've been thinking of building such a sump. Nice to know that in the case of a power failure... no overflowing and the filter keeps working when the power comes back on.

Its 95% of what people use in Asia.

Call me "old school". This is one of the reasons why I prefer over-the-top rather than underneath-the-stand type of sump.

By the way, I didn't make it myself, just bought it from local fish store.

EEYY

Just checking around the shipping cost.

Apparently, a viewer here pointed out to me that Greyhound could be another alternative. I did a quick "on-line submit exercise" and the price seems to be cheaper than Canada Post.

I am still waiting for Greyhound's response. Will update more later on.

chen88

Super Moderator
going to redo my sump in a month or so when I get the auto drip system....might grab a few pcs to try out...

skynoch

Bump.

Excellent for arowana and/or stingrays comm. tanks. Very effective in terms of lowering the nitrate level.

I've been looking at some different ideas I've had for overhead filters for some increased bio and heard all good things about this but I don't understand how this would help with lowering nitrate?

EEYY

I've been looking at some different ideas I've had for overhead filters for some increased bio and heard all good things about this but I don't understand how this would help with lowering nitrate?

Allow me to be a bit lazy as I just copy and paste the description from my previous post regarding the older type bacteria house media. It is provided by the supplier

The BH is filter medla made from mineral stones (that emit far-infrared ray) and ailica after undergoing high temperature treatment. It encourages the rapld growth of large colonies of beneficial bacteria which helps to improve the water quality by removing toxic substances present in the aquarium water.

The BH is 10 times more effective than normal filter media in cultivating beneficial bacteria as the high porosity of the material offers a greater surface area for the aerobic and anaerobic bacteria to colonize. These bacteria are necessary for the breaking down of Nitrate and Ammonia in biological filtration.

The emissive scale of the BH's far infrared ray is above 0.92 and the wavelength is 4-14 microns. These properties enable the BH to break down the hydrogen bond of water molecules, revitalize and increase the oxygen in the water. This will in turn encourage the growth of aquatic plants and fishes, boosting their immunity against diseases.

Up to what I know, the key is the emit of far infrared ray that a lot of other filter media does not have it.

:)

Last edited:

EEYY

For west coast viewers, if you plan to get some bacteria house media, please feel free to contact "Cirrus" (Theo) as he is currently collect your orders.

Thanks.