Pearl x Marble Motoro hybrid

skynoch

My pearl x marble hybrid is coming along just as I'd hoped. I really hope I can get those two to pair of again.
Here she is at just over a year and possibly pregnant
P1030941.jpg

Mom
newtankmay15-8.jpg

Dad
malepearlray.jpg

And here she was around 6 months of age
femalepearlxmarble.jpg

Boydo

Congrats Scott!

I really hope she delivers some great pups for you!

Keep us updated.

:D

skynoch

Congrats Scott!

I really hope she delivers some great pups for you!

Keep us updated.

:D
Thanks, if she is pregnant it was the pearl that got her. I might actually have to start learning how to do proper line breeding now that I'm at the next gen of rays.
man those are some sweet rays. mom and dad are both stunners as well. love the black pearls
Thanks, I'm actually a big fan of pearls but there doesn't seem to be that many in Canada despite how cheap they have become.
how is your henlei doing?
My 3 year old male is doing great and seems to be trying to breed a few females and the female pup I got from Tim is eating everything and anything and is as hardy as can be.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Very impressive Scott, congratulations! :)

I wonder whether your water in Alberta (or at least Calgary/Edmonton) has some qualities conducive to breeding rays. Do you know what all the parameters are out of the tap(PH/GH/KH)?

skynoch

Nice Scott. looks more Pearl!!!
There is alot of pearl appearance in it so I'm hoping the pattern breaks just a little more and the spots will stay. My hopes are a black and white marble baically.
very nice hybrid!
Thanks
Very impressive Scott, congratulations! :)

I wonder whether your water in Alberta (or at least Calgary/Edmonton) has some qualities conducive to breeding rays. Do you know what all the parameters are out of the tap(PH/GH/KH)?
Thanks, I did actually test everything a couple years ago and none of the parameters where even close to the water they live in but it sure hasn't seemed to slow them down in the breeding department. I know it's a little harder for us out here to acclimate wild caught rays because our ph is around 8-8.6 and water is off the chart hard but once acclimated we don't really have to worry as much as others about ph fluctuations which is very stressful for rays.
I've actually been very fotunate with all my rays breeding for me and have one goal left and that is to breed flowers which from what I've heard has been done once but the pups didn't make it.

skynoch

Wow your markings look better than mine at that age. I can't wait to see the final outcome. I really wish I had a male of this cross but so far only my females have made it. I Think the female marble just gave birth again but the tig I got in the deal has found out that stingray pups taste good.

RDFISHGUY

Wow your markings look better than mine at that age. I can't wait to see the final outcome. I really wish I had a male of this cross but so far only my females have made it. I Think the female marble just gave birth again but the tig I got in the deal has found out that stingray pups taste good.

Sorry to hear that. She is looking a bit better now. When this picture was taken she was in the 230 with the loaches and wasn't getting enough to eat. I have been feeding them dew worms and they are doing better now. I'll update pics when I get home this weekend.

Yeah what a nice looking Ray!

She is a gem. I want to cross her with a leo. I just need to get them all eating well and healthy. Once they get some size and are eating aggressively they'll go into my 360. Then its all up to them.