Pellet training on Arrows

Diablored

I got him and waited 36 hours then I started offering food sticks and nls. Now it's food sticks twice daily and every second weekend I give him 30 or so gut loaded crickets.

Ansieh

I got him and waited 36 hours then I started offering food sticks and nls. Now it's food sticks twice daily and every second weekend I give him 30 or so gut loaded crickets.

I see. Maybe i trained mine too late. The one i have was my first aro so i spoiled him with market prawn first two months. I will try your technique out when i get aro in future.

rudy

My first arrow was a super red that was trained on prawns and super worms. I starved him for over 40 days trying to convert him to another food and literally thing never gave (nor did it look like it had been starved).

They have a will power like nothing I have seen.

My second arrow ate shrimp and never touched pellets.

Diablored

I've been very lucky. I have never had to starve a aro for very long to get it to eat pellets. Untill it's eating pellets I don't offer anything else. All 4 aros I have ever owned were young when I got them. That helps a lot I think. Though the diablo red was a problem. He became addicted to the rays food and didn't want anything else. Even long tongs couldn't keep him from eating their food.

First aro was a rtg he took almost 2 months to train to eat pellets and my second aro hbrtg took less then 5 days, not tl sure why they were from same farm

Ansieh

First aro was a rtg he took almost 2 months to train to eat pellets and my second aro hbrtg took less then 5 days, not tl sure why they were from same farm

Interesting that proves every aro is different. Mine was starved 2 months too and he rather bite other fish than try pellets.