ST Dats.

m_class2g

Sponsor
yea i wish i can find some more sts. too bad they are super hard to find now a days. would like to grow some small ones out!

Yuppa

Super Moderator
theo's got a good eye for tigers, i know firsthand when i gave him pick if a batch i imported .. what was that.. 6 years ago now..

Yuppa

Super Moderator
i've been thinking about this for a while, I think its kind of obvious but I don't see any mention..

tons of ppl on arofanatics have real tigers.. why dont we find some via that forum, most are in singapore and indonesia on that forum..

T1KARMANN

i've been thinking about this for a while, I think its kind of obvious but I don't see any mention..

tons of ppl on arofanatics have real tigers.. why dont we find some via that forum, most are in singapore and indonesia on that forum..

done that :D

the only ST you will find in singapore will be 10inch+ and they dont ship well

i shipped 4 from their i got a freind of mine to buy them from private sellers for around sg$300-350 about us$200 but the problem is a 10-12inch ST has a very deep body so needs a very deep box

4 x ST cost me $800 then buy the time you added shipping and UK vat 4 x 12inch ST worked out at us$2,000 and 1 was dead on arival and another was near death but it pulled throw but never got stable/nice color again

if you want me to sort out a contact in Singapore that may help you i can but their is a big risk i wouldnt do it again

m_class2g

Sponsor
right now i have a source who says he can bring in real widebar tigers. they will be in the 9-10 inch range. anyone in canada who may be interested, plz pm me. prices for these guys will be around $500 im assuming; which is not bad since theo quoted (correct me if im mistaken) around $500 each for 12 inchers from thailand? these guys im brining in should be around 500. also, it depends on how much shipping will cost since shipping these guys will be quite costly (special materials used + they usually ship 1 per box at that size). pm me and we can talk some more. shipment should arrive in roughly 3 weeks give or take. i ordered quite a few already. = ) hope they are true widebars!

T1KARMANN

mine were also shipped one per box

$500 is a fair price including shipping thats what i paid about 1yrs ago

what you have to remember hear is if you lose 1 the price will rocket

its a big gamble shipping ST that size

which is why everyone is looking for smaller ones

m_class2g

Sponsor
agree. thats very true. such a gamble to move big sts. but too bad thats all we can find these days. im really hoping that my lead will be able to get these true widebars. personally, he hasnt failed me before but its up to HIS supplier to make sure hes delivering the right fish! = )

Yuppa

Super Moderator
unfortunately we might have to risk the big ones, if no more small ones are available, we might soon see a market where any size is extremely rare and command ridiculous prices.. much like whats happened to the leopoldi rays

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
unfortunately we might have to risk the big ones, if no more small ones are available, we might soon see a market where any size is extremely rare and command ridiculous prices.. much like whats happened to the leopoldi rays

True, but with Leos at least you can breed them.

The only problem I see with ST's is they get so damn big! I have seen many two footer+ ST's in S'pore tanks. There will come a time when only people with the absolutely biggest tanks will be able to keep these guys, since they are only going to get bigger. But then anyone buying a 12 inch ST probably knows what they are getting into.

Good luck with the import Mike!

Last edited:

kookus

Here is one I got from Mike a year and a half ago.

IMG_4200.jpg