ST wacking my SR

chen88

Super Moderator
Well, just having dinner next to dragon aquarium. After this, I'll be bringing home a 14" giant gold gourami and a 7/8" albino tin foil which actually looks orange. They will hopefully keep everyone occupied and stop or slow the fighting.

chen88

Super Moderator
Here are the distractions....the GGG is actually closer to 17" to match up with the tiger...and the albino tinny is aroub 9-10" from what I can tell...

This hobby is just crazy.....to stop monsters from fighting you get more of them! go figure......Before introducing these two other mini monsters, the ST still chase the SR around but there hasn't been any further damaged to the SR for the last 3-4 days....

I'll be down to 5 Rays as the buyer of my 9-10" pair of WC P13 is picking them up tomorrow morning so I'll be left with my 3 BD (1m/2f) and pair of Henlei's....

IMG_5700_2.jpg

IMG_5702_1.jpg

IMG_5697_1.jpg

IMG_5695_1.jpg

Last edited:

m_class2g

Sponsor
chen that big giant gourami looks awesome! i hear big guys are quite mean. should be able to hold his own with the aro and st.

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...the GGG is awesome...seem him a few times at my lfs but didn't think anything of him as I've always like the RTGG...but this guys is almost pure white and the contrast from him against my black back and bottom is stunning. I was watching him along with other tanks of Gourami's mainly the black ones....all the rest was half his size and were quite agressive and this guy is so relaxed...perhaps due to old age (no one really know how old he is though). They had a Redtail Gourami but like I said he was half the size or else I'd grab him....he's like the Sheriff in the tank now along with his deputy the albino Tinny...LOL...

Just now have to figure out all the different food groups! LOL....Have word there are a couple of fairly large Red Hooks SD's for a good price...might have a look at them...sitting in the dark (tanks's got the actinic light on) watching them...

chen88

Super Moderator
That really is a nice gg. He looks amazing with those blue lights and black background!

Actually it was just the other blubs I had on...I think it was sunlight....I've got that off now and my night light (blue light) will be on for a couple of hours before shutting down on timer....

as you all know what cameras (for to NON professionals like myself) does to the actual fish...the GG is like I said...pure white which is why it caught my eyes...no one wanted him since you would need a big tank so I got him for less then $100 also helps to LFS out too

Last edited: