stingray bit a barb

glamit

so about 2 weeks ago i noticed my bd bit a barb, the tip is all the way in only the fat end on the barb is sticking out i took her out to see if i can pull it out i didnt pull too hard but it felt snug so i didnt pull it out. i still see the barb but havent been able to take photos for you guys to see but shes still been eating like crazy ever since. My question is should i just leave it? or force it out. i will try to take some photos next time she climbs the glass

Joey

You could wait to see if it falls out, but it might work itself deeper and eventually become infected.

So if you want to wait to see if it will come out, then i wouldn't wait too long.

All elasmobranch's heal very quickly, so once out, it shouldnt be very long before it is healed.

glamit

You could wait to see if it falls out, but it might work itself deeper and eventually become infected.

So if you want to wait to see if it will come out, then i wouldn't wait too long.

All elasmobranch's heal very quickly, so once out, it shouldnt be very long before it is healed.

i dont see it falling out, its deep in but the barb didnt go upwards towards the top but straight along the bottom. you think i should just yank it out?

Gumby79

I had the same thing happen about a year ago and I was lucky cause both ends were visable so I was able to pull it out foward with ease. It does not sound like you will have that option but I would prob pull it out either way, just going to have to pull it out quick like a bandage.

glamit

I had the same thing happen about a year ago and I was lucky cause both ends were visable so I was able to pull it out foward with ease. It does not sound like you will have that option but I would prob pull it out either way, just going to have to pull it out quick like a bandage.

just did it i just had to yank it out. put quite a bit of salt in should i use antibiotics or see how she heals?