Summer 2012 Dreamfish order

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Orders are coming in for a summer 2012 Dreamfish order. Contact [email protected] if interested.

Prices are posted here:

The following prices come from those listed here:

Dreamfish Pricing in Singapore

All prices below have been converted from Singapore $ into CANADIAN $ using this currency converter.

1. MerLion Harmony: $2,000 - $4,000.00
2. MerLion Royal: $1,425.00 ~ $1,850
3. MerLion Royal Premium: $2,000.00 ~ $3,200.00
4. MerLion Royal Ultimate: $2,800.00 ~ $4,500.00
5. MerLion Red: $1,200.00 ~ $1,600.00
6. MerLion Red Premium: $2,000.00 ~ $3,200.00
7. MerLion Splendour RedGold: $1,200.00 ~ $1,600.00
8. MerLion Gold: $ 400.00 ~ $ 500.00
9. MerLion Gold (HB): $ 500.00 ~ $ 600.00
10. MerLion Emerald Batik (Snake Skin): $3,600.00 ~ $6,300.00
11. MerLion Emerald Red Tail: $ 175.00 ~ $ 225.00
12. MerLion Emerald Gold Tail: $ 125.00 ~ $ 160.00
13. MerLion Emerald Green Tail: $ 100.00 ~ $ 125.00

Shipping is not included in above prices; international shipping adds $100 C per fish; Westjet is another $75-150 per box of fish (depending on how many are ordered). Finally there is GST/HST as applicable to your province.

Price ranges provided above account for number of fish purchased as well as whether the fish is a Gold Head (GH) or not; if it is a GH, then the % covered becomes an important factor in the price too. GH coverage can range up to 90%.

Prices are subject to change (and will change according to major currency fluctuations). The prices above reflect prices asked in Singapore, as well as Japan, Korea, China, etc.

chen88

Super Moderator
You know I HATE being one of the first to start with these monster tanks! This is where early bird gets the least!. Now I have no room to get in all these nice stocks that theo and mike brings in!....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
When your rays start producing Chen, you could find your hobby expanding. That would be the time to reconfigure things perhaps (assuming you get the itch :) )

chen88

Super Moderator
lol...i've got waaay too much fish as it is, thats why i'm selling my tank mates.....besides at those sizes they would not even last a splash in the water!

Last edited:

fishbill

WOW...another order? I don't want to miss it.

Cirrus, may I ask what is the size of fish would be if interest in Royal Ultimate/Premium?

Thanks.
Jeff

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The lower cost fish came in around 5-6 inches; the higher cost ones (XB's etc.), came in at 7-8 inches.

fishbill

The lower cost fish came in around 5-6 inches; the higher cost ones (XB's etc.), came in at 7-8 inches.

Hi Cirrus, many thanks for your reply. Would you mind to clarify the meaning of the price range of a fish category? What makes the difference between the high's and low's?

Once again, thanks
Jeffrey

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Poor choice of words on my point since all price is relative; what is high for one person is low for another, and vice versa.

The Emeralds and Golds (RTG's), that came in tended to be a bit smaller than the Gold Cross Backs, 24K and GH. You can see the prices for those fish in the first post in this thread.

I do not know if this difference in size will always be in effect or if it was a one time event; I do know I have been told that the Cross Backs, 24K, BBXB and GH's will all be in the 7 inch range for the coming order.

fishbill

Poor choice of words on my point since all price is relative; what is high for one person is low for another, and vice versa.

The Emeralds and Golds (RTG's), that came in tended to be a bit smaller than the Gold Cross Backs, 24K and GH. You can see the prices for those fish in the first post in this thread.

I do not know if this difference in size will always be in effect or if it was a one time event; I do know I have been told that the Cross Backs, 24K, BBXB and GH's will all be in the 7 inch range for the coming order.

Hi Cirrus,

Once again, thanks for your reply and your quotation is well understood. I believe my question didn't word correctly.

Let me put it this way, in your quotation

Royal Premium: $2,000 - 3,000. What makes $2,000 fish different than $3,000 one?

I just want to understand before I place the order. By the way, is there anyway that I can get a 10-12 inches fish from Dreamfish by your service?

Thanks again for your patience

Jeffrey

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The price difference between a $2000 and $3000 fish comes down to GH coverage. Thus, a premium 24K, BBXB or Harmony, with no GH coverage can be had for $2000, while an Ultimate 24K or BBXB with 50% coverage will run $3000, 80-90% GH coverage closer to $4000.

There is also the distinction between Premium and Ultimate. My understanding is that the line breeding program at Dreamfish has levels of quality. There are also certain guarantees provided by the farm that the fish sold will turn out as promised.

% GH coverage is the big addition to the price of the fish. The more GH you want, the higher the cost. This is all determined by world (i.e. Asian) demand; my approach to marketing Dreamfish in Canada is to provide customers the Asian going rate for the fish, plus $100 shipping and GST/HST as applicable.

Please keep the questions coming as I am sure many people have the same questions. :)

It might make sense to get Nicolas Chia, owner of Dreamfish, to come on here and answer any questions; it might also make sense to split this thread and move part of it to the Dreamfish sub-folder.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I just sent the following email:

Hi Nicolas - I am getting a lot of interest in your fish, and questions.

I think this is where you need to come in and help educate the Canadian consumer about your fish.

I don't want to misrepresent Dreamfish in any way, and it is important there be no confusion regarding your various offerings. Please review the forum thread here and comment as necessary. http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4936

I am sure Nicolas will answer your questions and correct any comments I have made if necessary. :)

King-eL

Would love to have a merlion emerald gold tail and merlion gold (HB). Need to have vary the aros that swims in my tabk not just the same. Lol!

fishbill

Hi Cirrus,

Thanks for your explanation of this Dreamfish quotation.

As I am trying to get a dream fish to my tank by a very hard to come-by saving. If the aro turns out not what I am intended to acquire. It will be a very upset ending. This is why I act like a jerk to ask about all the details about it. Hope you can understand.

It is a very good move that you can get the owner of Dreamfish to come onboard to answer all our questions. Thanks

I have read your sticky regarding to the length of fish to ensure the final outcome of the fish when mature. I am willing to take your advice for considering the 10-12 inch fish instead of the smaller size. On the other hand, Dreamfish has a certain guarantee on the outcome of the fish which make me more certain to acquire the aro from this farm.

Anyway, due to the nature uncertainty. I can't afford to bet/gamble on something with a risk. Would like to know if there is a chance to purchase the 10-12 inche fish from Dreamfish through Dragonfish. I believe this is one of the best store that I can rely on after reading numerous positive feedbacks from all buyers in this forum.

Looking forward to the answer
Thanks
Jeffrey

MerLion Arowana

Hi All, thank you for your interest in our Merlion Arowana.*

The price range in each category is to reflect the price of our Merlion Arowana offered by us and our agents *in their respective countries. We are unable to put a fix price as every country cost of overhead differ from each other.

Also, it reflects the price fluctuation depending on the stock quantity available or order; sizes; body form; degree of golden head etc.*
Hence, only a price range can accommodate all the variants. This is to simplify the pricing issues. Please use the price range as a guide to budget for your Aro purchase.*

If you have a specific requirement, do send your request to Theo and we will advise accordingly. Thank you!*

MerLion Arowana

Hi Jeffery... It is possible for us to supply Aro of 10" to 12". However, it will depend on the availability of the variety you are looking for.

There will be no risk in purchasing smaller size Merlion Arowana. Both quality and bloodline are quaranteed.

We sell only what we breed and we live to deliver our beliefs!

Thank you!

Last edited:

fishbill

Hi Jeffery... It is possible for us to supply Aro of 10" to 12". However, it will depend on the availability of the variety you are looking for.

There will be no risk in purchasing smaller size Merlion Arowana. Both quality and bloodline are quaranteed.

We sell only what we breed and we live to deliver our beliefs!

Thank you!

Many Thanks for the clarification and explanation to the price quote. Because of the quality and bloodline, I am rather buy my aro from Dreamfish Farm.

To enable I can proceed further of my requirement, I would like to ask for help from Cirrus @ Dragonfish to get me a quote thru PM for the following aros if available or what is available for consideration.

1. BBXB
2. Merlion Premium/Ultimate

Once again, thanks for all who had contribute their answers to all my questions

Jeffrey:)

hustler

Just thought i would toss my hat in the ring here.... someone PM me whats available and prices...... Have another empty tank :)