Tenecor group buy

There looks to be a group buy for Tenecor tanks being organized here.

I plan to order a 670gal from tenecor, and I wonder if the simplicity plus is sufficient to work with 670gal, or do i need to add other filter ontop of it, because it will cost me $1800 US for simplicity plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I've got a lot of experience with Tenecor. I have a simple 550, a marine ready 150, and a simple 50. I've had other Tenecor tanks before too, and am happy with all their products...with just a few qualifications.

First, if you go for a full stand and canopy system, be aware that their canopies do not allow a lot of clearance (in my opinion) to allow for much choice in lighting systems.

Second, do not assume that there will be access holes on the top of the tank for heaters or filter intakes/out takes; be sure to ask for a schematic of the tank top and ask them to drill in an extra hole or two if you think you may ever need them.

As for your question about the simplicity system, I seriously considered going for one. In the end I decided that the swimming space my fish would lose relative to the convenience of having the filter in the tank just didn't make sense for me. Unless your ceiling is very low, you should be able to set up a sump below your tank instead? The thought of having to clean out and/or ever retrofit a simplicity system somehow does not appeal to me.

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
I'd be in for a tenecor tank if someone in the T.O. Area is looking to do a group buy!...I'd be more interested in a custom tank though...ie...48x48x30high.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
On my first group import I brought in the same custom tank you are interested in Chen. It was purchased by a lady in the far north of BC who goes by "Ruth" on the Canreef forums. She ordered a center overflow for the tank. She told me she was going to grow out marine giant clams. :)

I'll post more about it in the special projects section if you like, including the pricing etc.

my plan A is to purchase the whole system, which would probably cost me around
CAN$9500.
Or plan B is to purchase acrylic tank only, then i will get custom stand and sump at toronto.

of course the more we buy the more we can save, but i just want to keep it as simple as possible. i think it should be easy to get a few ppl to work on this deal.

EEYY

I've got a lot of experience with Tenecor. I have a simple 550, a marine ready 150, and a simple 50. I've had other Tenecor tanks before too, and am happy with all their products...with just a few qualifications.

First, if you go for a full stand and canopy system, be aware that their canopies do not allow enough clearance (in my opinion) to allow for much choice in lighting systems. I would seriously consider hiring someone to build a stand/canopy system.

Second, do not assume that there will be access holes on the top of the tank for heaters or filter intakes/out takes; be sure to ask for a schematic of the tank top and ask them to drill in an extra hole or two if you think you may ever need them.

As for your question about the simplicity system, I serisously considered going for one. In the end I decided that the swimming space my fish would lose relative to the convenience of having the filter in the tank just didn't make sense for me. Unless your ceiling is very low, you should be able to set up a sump below your tank instead? Also, I have seen one simplicity plus system for resale (200+ gallon) and was struck by how messy it looked. That is not really a serious criticism I guess, but it still contributed to me deciding not to go that route. The thought of having to clean out and/or ever retrofit a simplicity system somehow did not appeal to me.

Concerning your order for a Tenecor, have you considered trying to arrange a group import for your immediate area? I have done a couple group imports and found they are a great way to greatly reduce the shipping cost and negotiate further discount on the overall order. I will contact you by pm with more details. :)

Is Marius in charge of east coast (potential) orders?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
No one is "in charge"; Tenecor's whole dealer operation no longer grants anyone any control or rights to my knowledge.

I notice from what I was told by Howard that the quote he has been given, along with its discount, is pretty much identical to the quotes and discount I am given. Thus, this tells me that Tenecor no longer really care much about using dealers or intermediaries to make sales. However, savings can still be made in terms of shipping, and I would think that an aggregated sale of several tank systems in the tens of thousands of dollars would warrant some kind of commission. I was thinking of trying to negotiate better terms on behalf of everyone in this order in return for some kind of sponsorship arrangement from Tenecor for this website.

Go to special projects section of this forum to discuss further.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I just spoke with Dennis.

I explained context of this order. I was able to negotiate greater discount.

Anyone out there who is interested in getting a new Tenecor tank should pm me for the password for the special project. This order is moving!

Last edited: