Thanksgiving concrete project

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I had to pour a patio for my parents and thought I would try something that might compliment their ponds. This was all done with a grinder. Not quite done yet but heres what I've done so far:

IMG_0166_copy_2.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

I still need to finish cutting the rest of the pad. Should look pretty awesome when I'm done today

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Thanks guys. I'm pretty proud of this project :)

Chen, I started doing decorative concrete in 99 for my cousin when I was 17. When I started my own construction company a few years ago I started to specialize in other areas but it sure was fun to let my creative side loose again. I'd like to do more things like this in the future.

Joey

WOW! This is PRO! nothing less than stunning!

The fact that this was all done with a grinder is crazy! Not that i know how these are generally made, but i do know a grinder is not a tool meant for detail.

How long, in terms of hours, did this take?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
WOW! This is PRO! nothing less than stunning!

The fact that this was all done with a grinder is crazy! Not that i know how these are generally made, but i do know a grinder is not a tool meant for detail.

How long, in terms of hours, did this take?

Thank you very much for the compliments :)

The grinder is the most versitile tool I've used. It definatly takes a lot of patience and a very steady hand to use it in an application like this. Most of the time I just it to make curved cuts or grind down concrete. This is the first time I've really put it to the test like this.

Pouring and finishing the pad took me 4 hours
Prepping the image (drawing from my 4" original to 4') 2 hours
Cutting and grinding 6 hours

I still need to do a bit of shading and seal the pad. but thats next week if I can get into town early enough

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Thank you :)

I haven't sealed it yet because I've been out of town for work for the last few weeks and only had a couple free days to pour and cut. But I'll be trying out a new water based sealed to give it a matte finish because solvent based sealers are about to get banned