The new 550 acrylic!

Boydo

Well this tank has been through a few people. To my knowledge Theo imported it, the sold it to Jeremy before I got it. I drove 12 hrs straight to Vancouver Jeremy and his friends helped me load it into a car trailer - great bunch of people - thank you. I over nighted in Abbotsford then drove 12 hrs home to load into my garage where it sat for a few weeks.

I had to move my 230 gal out of my place to move this bad boy of a tank in. Special thanks to Neil from Chiclid Food Canada, Ryan(RDFISHGUY), Paul, Brent and Justin for helping me move this tank in.

I built the sump to 72"L x 24"W x 20"D and it holds 8 bags of Bio Bale, 2500 Bio Balls, 20 sp.ft of Japanese Mat, Crushed Oyster shell and 20 L of ceramics soon to be 50L.

Stocked with 5 Black Diamond Leopoldi (3f,2m) and a Diablo Red at 9-10 inches.

System is controlled by Digital Aquatics "super computer" which monitors and controls temp, ph, water changes and lighting.

I still have lots of work to do on this, but wanted to share before these pictures got forgotten.

More pictures and info to come as I complete this project.

sump-6.jpg

sump-5.jpg

sump-4.jpg

sump-3.jpg

sump-2.jpg

550andsump-5.jpg

550andsump-3.jpg

550andsump-2.jpg

550andsump-1.jpg

hondas3000

finally this tank fill up with water and fish :). I been through a 600G tank setup before and seeing your setup really tire me out too. Lots of work, but that red got a nice home and great color.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I feel like I ran the first stage in a relay race - I got the tank and stand together - but was unable to continue. Jeremy came next, carried the tank for a bit, but also could not see it through to the end. Bret, you`ve taken the baton (so to speak) and carried it to the finish line. Congrats. :)

Lifetime warranty on that tank from Tenecor. :)

Boydo

finally this tank fill up with water and fish :). I been through a 600G tank setup before and seeing your setup really tire me out too. Lots of work, but that red got a nice home and great color.

Thanks, I still have lots to do but its getting there.

oh..my....:eek:

Thats what my wife said!

that is awesome Bret!

Thank you.

holy .... what a setup !@!

Thanks,

Nice...the Aro must be so happy being there pretty much by himself!

Thanks,

Its like a lake for him hes only like 9 maybe 10 inches. :)

great setup...how loud is the sump??...whatca got in the other tanks off to the side??..lol..

The sump is quiet except for one of the pumps is on its way out and buzzing pretty bad. I think I'll get it changed out today.

AMAZING!!!!!!!! That is one killer set up.... How did you get it in the door lol?

My front door is a 36 so it came through back down. Actually an easy tank to move compared to moving in my glass 550 several years ago.

Exactly the type of stock I'd have in a tank like this. Looks great, Bret.

Simple and peaceful!

That looks great! Congratulations!

Thanks

what kind of filter media are you using ?
all i see is bio balls ?

From above:

I built the sump to 72"L x 24"W x 20"D and it holds 8 bags of Bio Bale, 2500 Bio Balls, 20 sq.ft of Japanese Mat, Crushed Oyster shell and 20 L of ceramics soon to be 50L.

HTH

jsodwi

Just saw this thread and I love the sump setup you built. Great job. If I ever do another sump, I'd like to duplicate something like that