The new standard to aros in the GTA, or all of Canada

uberdave

Dragon King Aquarium since opening has drawn a lot of attention. And they showed us what a real red aro is all about and xback that is truelly crossed. A picture speaks a thousand words.

These reds are around 12-14".

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

This xback is fully crossed, and its around 14"
DSC_0155.jpg

These xbacks are around 6".
DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

Here are the so called worth all your money VIP that LFS has been selling and telling people they will turn red. Ask for prices on these, normally you see LFS sell them for 2.5k+at Dragon king....How about 1.3k+? O.O , but . You tell me.

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

Discuss
DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

FH at less than 4"
DSC_0187.jpg

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Wow

Are they going to bring in any rays?
Definatly going to stop in there if I'm ever in TO

Thanks for the pictures

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Right on! Those are good looking fish, on par with many of the shops I saw recently in SEasia. :cool:

Three cheers for the owners!!! :)

m_class2g

Sponsor
wow thanks for sharing! those are some crazy looking RED aros. even the ones for sale for 1.3k looks pretty good. how big were those? 7-8 inches?

uberdave

wow thanks for sharing! those are some crazy looking RED aros. even the ones for sale for 1.3k looks pretty good. how big were those? 7-8 inches?

Those I think they are near 12"+

And the lighting is normal pink light not NAN lights. T8 I think?

EKen

Super Moderator
NAN lights or not, those are some nice color Reds. Just look at their full-face color. And those are some very promising 1300$ VIPs, makes me a bit ashamed to sell my Blood Red at 2200$...:eek:

And I thought 1500$ Elkindo Red was already a pretty decent deal. I need to drop down to TO soon.

Yuppa

Super Moderator
are those reds with full color for sale at 1300? or is that the sale price for a baby red of "same quality" without color showing yet.

uberdave

$1300+ are the VIP ones you see in the picture, around 12". Remember it is 1300 "PLUS" not 1300 flat. Sorry if I confuse anyone. The full colour ones you see are at a completely different caliber of course. There is no way those even go below $7000. 12" at that colour, I don't think you can find it anywhere in Canada.

Yuppa

Super Moderator
thank you for the clarification.

I will confirm the VIP reds for sale @ 1300 all appear to be very high quality.

arl

Those VIP reds are definitely a great deal!! Nothing compared to the first ones, those are extremely-exceptional-very-rare-BEAUTIFUL reds!! The $1300 ones, being a VIP, you're about 95% sure it will be red with in 2 years. (maybe less). For the X-back - They are nice but I think I prefer darker base/core.

Last edited:

uberdave

Those VIP reds are definitely a great deal!! Nothing compared to the first ones, those are extremely-exceptional-very-rare-BEAUTIFUL reds!! The $1300 ones, being a VIP, you're about 95% sure it will be red with in 2 years. (maybe less). For the X-back - They are nice but I think I prefer darker base/core.

Lets look at fish not cert. VIP doesn't mean it will be red at all and no gurantees. VIP is just a farm, all farm have their good and bad fishes. If you think the fish is good then its good, if it looks like its gonna be red or deep orange in the future then thats how it is. Farm name have nothing to do with it.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Lets look at fish not cert. VIP doesn't mean it will be red at all and no gurantees. VIP is just a farm, all farm have their good and bad fishes. If you think the fish is good then its good, if it looks like its gonna be red or deep orange in the future then thats how it is. Farm name have nothing to do with it.

Actually, VIP gets its fish from trading and farmiing. I have met the owner, Vincent, many times, both in Singapore and Indonesia. He is known to source excellent fish and also very hard to find fish.

As for "farm name has nothing to do with it", well we have been debating that one on this forum (and others) for a long time. If you pay a premium for a fish from VIP, Munjul Prima, or even from a retailer like Extreme Arowana in S'pore, you deserve to have confidence that the fish you have bought will turn out well. I am sure you know that it can be almost impossible to tell a quality SR juvenile from a banjar/SR cross juvenile. The fish look pretty much identical. That is why everyone is so scared of buying from Indonesia. Even the major Singapore farms are scared. So, to say that you should just "buy the fish, not the farm" for a juvenile SR is just not good advice. What you should be saying is buy the fish and the farm! If you find a fish you like from a farm you trust you are a true winner. Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited: