tiny asian arowana

GRANDDRAGON

I agree.

Do all the guy's ( lFS ) have scanners on hand?

All LFS should have scanners on hand. If the LFS does not have the scanner how can they identify the fish with the Cert. When ever you are purchasing a high valued fish you should always check that the cert matches the fish pit tag number. This will make the buyer and seller both satisfied with the sale and purchase of the fish.:D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Hey no problem honest mistake. You were probably thinking of the group buys. Correct me if I am wrong but when there is a group order done the certs are randomly selected and then they give you the fish that matches the cert.:D

Until now, yes, we have always assigned fish randomly.

During my upcoming visit to Singapore there is a good chance I can take photographs of the fish for sale and have customers choose on the basis of those photographs (and microchip/cert numbera). Kenta has a scanner in Vancouver so customers would be assured to get the fish they ordered.

I am SURE I can arrange the above system for higher value fish (super reds and Xbacks), but it might be too much trouble to arrange for the lower value RTG's and HBRTG's.

Will keep you posted on this for sure! :)

protoxeno

Hi, I am interested in group buy of Xback's or HBRTG's, when do you think this will be available?

Its available for ordering, by the time we get all paper work and payment collected and delivery, it would be near spring. So Pm Kenta, or Cirrus or sent a direct email to [email protected] for more details. If there are orders from more than one individual I will be handling the distribution on site and collection of payment. At the moment we need to see if there are a number of people interested in the up coming 2008 spring group buy. This is done so the cost per fish would be lowered because we save shipping fees passing on the savings to the customers.

At the moment contact Kenta is your best bet as Cirrus is in Singapore having a blast. Pm Kenta , Cirrus or email to [email protected].

Cheers

ZenMode

Gotta admit Dragon Aquarium had a great selection of small Asian Arowanas last month, but I didn't end up buying my first aro there. The reason was because they never had a scanner or certificates during my visit there. Ended up buying a HBRTG that was between 4-5 inches last month at another LFS.

Asked D.A. about the scanner and they said it was broken and maybe in about 2 weeks they'd have another one. Since I'm a n00b, I got very suspicious or should I say it sounded 'fishy' LOL ... However, in the future since I'll know a little bit more about the hobby it won't stop me from making another purchase of a small Asian aro there since they've got a great selection. :cool:

EEYY

Gotta admit Dragon Aquarium had a great selection of small Asian Arowanas last month, but I didn't end up buying my first aro there. The reason was because they never had a scanner or certificates during my visit there. Ended up buying a HBRTG that was between 4-5 inches last month at another LFS.

Asked D.A. about the scanner and they said it was broken and maybe in about 2 weeks they'd have another one. Since I'm a n00b, I got very suspicious or should I say it sounded 'fishy' LOL ... However, in the future since I'll know a little bit more about the hobby it won't stop me from making another purchase of a small Asian aro there since they've got a great selection. :cool:

Another arowana shipment just arrived at DA.

T1KARMANN

im sorry but you wouldnt catch me spending ANY $$$$ on a aro smaller than 6inch why take the risk to save a few $$$$

their is a higher chance of flushing your $$$$$$$ down the pan

joshhoward

im takin a trip down to d.a tomorrow. its about an hour and bit drive. i'll take a look at the new shipment. cant get any small asian aros(which would be my first) when i have 3 semi-large silvers at the moment. but i still love to see whats out there.

also will be takin a look at the discus selection...in my opion the 'second in command' to being the kings of freshwater aquariums...anyone else agree?

ZenMode

Last edited: