Two forum members in Bangkok

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I know two different forum members who are in Bangkok within the next month. Kind of a coincidence. Anyway, I am helping them to meet some of my contacts at the big fish market.

If anyone wants exotic FH, RT/SRT, weird hybrid catfish (TSN/RTC, that kind of thing), or Snakeheads, NTT, etc., it is doable. This is just a fun opportunity to get some fish you do not see in Canada very often.

PM if interested, prefer to deal with past customers only. If there is sufficient demand, it might make sense to have different forum members act as regional organizers. Buyers assume full responsibility for fish arriving without live arrival guarantee. That said, the shipper is the same fellow who has done all the NTT orders in the past. :)

Kind of out of date, but an idea of what you can access over there:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b96/stratos_/

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Let's see what we can do. Visitor number one is there in a couple weeks, visitor number two a few weeks later...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
It is going to be up to the forum members to follow up on requests, I am forwarding them on.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
FH and RT/SRT are totally doable, in fact are a Thai specialty. I will forward your request.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
You must be having an amazing experience Mike. :)

Check out the floating markets at Tonle Sap lake if you can; go by taxi out of Angkor/Siem Reap (we hired a tuk-tuk, one of those three wheeled vehicles, for the whole time we were in Angkor region); in the lake they have Cambodian tigerfish, green Asian arows, and so many other fish that we keep from that region. You probably will not see any of them, but there are fishermen who you might be able to communicate with; I ate some jumbo irridecsent shark there. the Cambodian fisheries office guy speaks English. His office is on the side of the road just before the floating village, near where they make you buy the entry ticket. Recommend you visit one of the floating schools; try and buy $50 worth of pencils/ paper/school supplies in Siem Reap to share with the kids prior to your visit (everything is over priced in the floating village, you get a much better deal in Siem Reap). The fisheries guy can share interesting information with you, has some nice posters for sale of fish native to Cambodia. Best of luck!

m_class2g

Sponsor
You must be having an amazing experience Mike. :)

Check out the floating markets at Tonle Sap lake if you can; go by taxi out of Angkor/Siem Reap (we hired a tuk-tuk, one of those three wheeled vehicles, for the whole time we were in Angkor region); in the lake they have Cambodian tigerfish, green Asian arows, and so many other fish that we keep from that region. You probably will not see any of them, but there are fishermen who you might be able to communicate with; I ate some jumbo irridecsent shark there. the Cambodian fisheries office guy speaks English. His office is on the side of the road just before the floating village, near where they make you buy the entry ticket. Recommend you visit one of the floating schools; try and buy $50 worth of pencils/ paper/school supplies in Siem Reap to share with the kids prior to your visit (everything is over priced in the floating village, you get a much better deal in Siem Reap). The fisheries guy can share interesting information with you, has some nice posters for sale of fish native to Cambodia. Best of luck!

hey theo.

just checked out that lake but didnt get to speak to anyone. lol. didnt know there are asian aros and tigerfish in there but def know theres some huge clown knives and irr sharks. we saw a fish farm for the sharks and in the market, saw some big cats/knives/snakeheads as well. we went after seeing some of the temples. i asked if there was anyone who would take us fishing but to no avail! gah. lol.

ill be in thailand in a few days and will be booking a fishing trip. i know theres a vareity of tours that go our for giant mekong stingrays, paroons, peacock bass, arapaimas, aros, tigers etcetc.

m_class2g

Sponsor
Heres a few pictures of the rays from the farm.

P1030323.jpg

P1030338.jpg

P1030349.jpg

P1030345.jpg

P1030331.jpg

P1030332.jpg

P1030333.jpg

P1030319.jpg

P1030328.jpg

P1030326.jpg

Last edited: