What filter system would you recommend for a 220 -300 gallon freshwater tank?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I notice you have a dedicated aquarium products section on your site.

Many forum members here eventually get tanks in the 220-300 gallon range. Lately 24 hour continuous drip systems, where water is continually added to a tank's sump filter, while simultaneously removed by an overflow, seem to be catching on.

I plan to set up such a system myself for a 300 gallon tank.

I need a filter system to remove chlorine/chloramine from the tap water prior to it entering the sump of my tank.

Which of your systems for sale would you recommend? Which of the systems would be the most cost effective in terms of maintenance (replacement of filter cartridges)? Which of the systems is easiest to use in your opinion?

Thanks

Bwi

I notice you have a dedicated aquarium products section on your site.

Many forum members here eventually get tanks in the 220-300 gallon range. Lately 24 hour continuous drip systems, where water is continually added to a tank's sump filter, while simultaneously removed by an overflow, seem to be catching on.

I plan to set up such a system myself for a 300 gallon tank.

I need a filter system to remove chlorine/chloramine from the tap water prior to it entering the sump of my tank.

Which of your systems for sale would you recommend? Which of the systems would be the most cost effective in terms of maintenance (replacement of filter cartridges)? Which of the systems is easiest to use in your opinion?

Thanks

I just priced out a custom unit just for this application. Its a 3 Stage filter system.

stage 1 - 1 micron sediment filter
stage 2 - Catalytic Carbon
stage 3 - 0.5 Block Carbon

Tubing and filter wrench included!

only $105

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Is it free shipping inside Canada for orders over a certain amount? If so, what is the amount?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Sounds good; your offer of free shipping over $199 C would mean it makes sense for fourm members to consider doing group orders from you. ;)

chen88

Super Moderator
Well if you can come up with a continuous drip system That everone speaks about and take one of my water change away then I'm getting young do mine!

h.l_nathan

drip

Well if you can come up with a continuous drip system That everone speaks about and take one of my water change away then I'm getting young do mine!

hey chen you took the words right out of my mouth. I was gonna ask for the same system too.

Bwi

getting the water in from one of our custom filter systems for you freshwater people is easy! it will be hooked up to a float system and a solenoid to avoid overflowing and floods. Still thinking of a drain system for everyone.

Bwi

ok figured it out. OUr system will allow the clean filtered water in with a single float switch/solenoid. The water will be removed by a small pump (maxijet) on a timer. When the timer kicks in the maxijet will run for a short period of time drain old water and the new water will enter the system. Once at the float/fill line the clean water fill shut off!

hustler

Thats a damn good deal..... I just and i mean tuesday.... just bought that same system out of the usa for $265 shipped with no floats ect.... I will be digging through your site here shortly ;)
Hope to have some plumbing questions to resolve here shortly....

Bwi

Well i have put together a package deal on the 3 Stage filter systems and floats and solenoid!

Complete Drip system

3stage filter systems and auto top off system

$214.99

Bwi

The gpd would be slighlty less what your house would be. On average gpm for homes around toronto are roughly 5 gpm.