Winter/Spring Group Buy - On Location!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Okay, a group order is starting to take shape now...if you want in let Kenta or me know soon! :)

Hoping we can get delivery in about 2 months...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am in email communication with a few people now who want fish.

This is always the hardest part of steering an order together! Anyone out there who wants in please let me or Kenta know ASAP. :)

Yuppa

Super Moderator
wow thats awesome Cirrus!

I think i might be in for that baby red this round.. I'll talk with kenta

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
So far looks to be mostly BC based. There could be an Ontario guy in the buy/ Not sure yet. I tell you, just figuring out WHO is exactly in is the hard part right now! :D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
What types do we have to choose from and what farms as well?

For group orders I would like to stick with Panda. I can totally stand behind the product, and as Mr.Kan has proven time and again, he stands behind us. No reason to change.

That said, if anyone is really set on getting a particular fish from a particular farm, I can arrange it. You can PM me about it. I am not into doing a lot of work
getting quotes for window shoppers. Thus, if you know the fish, the farm, and the price you are willing to spend - and pass on that information to me, I will take it from there and get back to you as I can.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I mean is the no shipping out of BC during winter still in effect?

I'm guessing it takes another couple weeks to get the order made. That takes us to mid February. Then say 6 weeks to process. That takes us to beginning of
April. Sounds like spring to me! :)

Meanwhile it is 32 degrees where I am! :D

protoxeno

I'm guessing it takes another couple weeks to get the order made. That takes us to mid February. Then say 6 weeks to process. That takes us to beginning of
April. Sounds like spring to me! :)

Meanwhile it is 32 degrees where I am! :D

32 degrees?! ack. I am stuck with bone chilling winds here at GTA. Ok so the gathering of the spring order has officially begun. If anyone in the GTA wants something particular from a farm other than Panda, should PM Cirrus now to get ready for spring order.

jackson

Are the fish going to be handed out in random order?

What types is Panada offering for sale? and what are the prices like?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Panda has the Panda Xback Gold, the Panda Red (SR), the Platinum Xback, the Bluebase Xback, the Panda Gold Supreme (hybrid cross between Xback and HBRTG), and the Panda Gold (HBRTG).

Pricing is explained at http://www.dragonfish.ca/pricing.htm

Product is explained at http://www.dragonfish.ca/fish_for_sale.htm

I need to update aspects of the dragonfish.ca website but don't have access to the server till I get back to Canada. In general everything there is still in effect. If you are a regular on the arowanaclub.ca forum you will get an "extra" club discount! ;)

If you have any other question don't hesitate to post them!

Theo

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Cirrus I remember you talking a while back about sourcing some arowana for $1000 or less for super reds?

What I have learned so far is that in order to increase yields, SR's are crossed with Banjars; more fish are produced allowing for a lower cost, but teh % that go on to become true SR's drops way down. That is why a premium is paid for Indoreds that are old enough to have confirmed characteristics of true SR's. There is a lot more I can not go into right now.

I could arrange a sale of cheap "SR's", but the last thing I want is to gamble and end up having a lot of people pissed off in two years time when their fish do not develop. Right now everyone who has bought a Panda since 2005 is happy (over 100 fish imported). I can't say the same for everyone who has brought in the cheap "SR's".

I have to believe in the product I sell. So far I can stand behind any of Panda's fish, and those are the fish I have chosen to keep myself.

I should be back in S'pore within the month; I hope to actually film the fish in their tanks here that will be shipped to Canada in the next order. Then I want to film the process of the fish being shipped to Canada. Should be fun!

I can promise anyone who wants in on this group buy top value for a high quality fish! :)

EKen

Super Moderator
What I have learned so far is that in order to increase yields, SR's are crossed with Banjars; more fish are produced allowing for a lower cost, but teh % that go on to become true SR's drops way down. That is why a premium is paid for Indoreds that are old enough to have confirmed characteristics of true SR's. There is a lot more I can not go into right now.

I could arrange a sale of cheap "SR's", but the last thing I want is to gamble and end up having a lot of people pissed off in two years time when their fish do not develop. Right now everyone who has bought a Panda since 2005 is happy (over 100 fish imported). I can't say the same for everyone who has brought in the cheap "SR's".

Good info to keep in mind. But I hate how the info is in "teaser" style ;).
We need a whole article my man.

EKen

Super Moderator
Do not worry Eken. If you really love top quality fish and at reasonable price, you have me as your close friend. So you will always have them. I am not teasing you at all.

you sound like a drug dealer talking to his customer... :D

h.l_nathan

some of my customers talked to me about buying and if I raise some out at the store then they can decide to buy or not...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Good info to keep in mind. But I hate how the info is in "teaser" style ;).
We need a whole article my man.

LOL, I am beginning to fear that the day I write "that" article is the day I can kiss my contacts in the Asian arowana world away! :)

That said, I need to get second and third hand (and first hand!) confirmation on everything I say in public. Give me time! ;)