wtb: hikari massivore

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Will do Eric. I suggest minimum orders of a box per customer. I will cc' you the contact information, make you an emailed introduction. I also think this whole order might make most sense to be done in special projects on the site?

EEYY

Will do Eric. I suggest minimum orders of a box per customer. I will cc' you the contact information, make you an emailed introduction. I also think this whole order might make most sense to be done in special projects on the site?

Will see what the actual demand will be.

Boydo

The link from RDFISHGUY wasn't about Hikari, it was about the new regulations involving importing pet food (including all fish food) into Canada. According to the links provided(see below) in the original comment in that thread, it should be rather clear that all of that information is current and in effect - not out of date.

I would just hate to see fellow members thinking that there is no risk involved with importing regulated products into Canada without the correct paper work from the CFIA. Without correct permits in hand, importing pet food into Canada is now illegal.

http://www.cscb.ca/listinfo/Import_n...nae_PF_USA.pdf

http://www.cscb.ca/listinfo/Import_bovinae_PF_USA.pdf

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/pol/ie-2001-9e.shtml

I don't mean to rain on your parade but it is the law! If you plan to do a group buy it must come through a Canadian Distributer under their permits or licensed importer with CFIA permits.

This doesn't mean Hikari or other pet food are banned or not allowed, they just must be imported through the correct and legal channels.

I hope all work out for you guys.

kman

can you guys get it for cheaper than $65 taxes and shipping included??

what is the potential price per 2.2lb bag massivore??

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yes, you are correct Boydo, the information about the new Canadian regulations is not out of date. The information that Hikari had problems getting their product into Canada is out of date. If we club members work together and make use of all our contacts, we can make an import work, no worries. :)

I have forwarded relevant contact information to EEYY, he is the point man for this whole project.

EEYY

That supplier mentioned that his new inventories won't come until sometime in Feb 2011.

EEYY

Probably by boxes rather than by bags.

Supplier has not provide the price list yet.

Last edited:

hustler

I would be down for a few bags.... But not a case. If the alberta team gets some can I grab it from one of them?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
All Hikari foods in stock, saw them today. Arosticks (foodsticks) available in 2 lb bags. Massivore, algae wafers, you name it, they got it, and in quantity. ;)

Pricing should be worked out in another day or two. We might want to switch this thread to the group buy section of the forum?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
It might make sense for pricing to be handled via mass pm rather than through public posting. ;)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
For anyone in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba looking to get a box of 24 packs/1 KG of Massivore or Foodsticks, let me know by PM.

Should be able to roughly price match on prices out of USA which are at about $50 USD plus shipping and tax: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...kw=hikari+massivore&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Still need to get shipping quotes on Fedex Ground, Greyhound, and Canada Post.

I think there is some interest in Vancouver/Kelowna/Calgary/Edmonton now; otherwise contact EEYY for Ontario and other provinces out east. If one case is too much for you, it might make sense for people to share cases.

Remember, this product is currently inside Canada now, no worries about whether it could be stopped at borders.
Also, product expiry dates is late 2013.

Last edited: