300 gallon setup

hondas3000

That chipped can be seal Mike, but I wouldn't except it for a new tank though. Seem like Tenecor having few problem with quality control lately. Check out Monsterfishkeeper.

exoticaquaria

That chipped can be seal Mike, but I wouldn't except it for a new tank though. Seem like Tenecor having few problem with quality control lately. Check out Monsterfishkeeper.

I'm still waiting to see what can be done. Already emailed and called them. I only expect to have a mint tank after waiting all this time. I don't feel comfortable trying to fix this, only to setup everything and have 300 gallons on the floor one day! I've read that they are suppose to make things better but I guess you are right, there is a lack of quality control on Tenecors part. With a flaw this obvious, I don't know how they can even send the tank out in its present condition.

Boydo

So sorry to hear about this Mike. I really hope Tenicor pulls through and replaces the tank all at their cost. It's disapointing to think they shipped it out in that condition.

Best of luck!

exoticaquaria

So sorry to hear about this Mike. I really hope Tenicor pulls through and replaces the tank all at their cost. It's disapointing to think they shipped it out in that condition.

Best of luck!

i think they should replace the tank as well. im sure no one that works for tenecor would use a tank looking like this in their living room lol. the damage that the leak would cost will be more than the price of the actual tank itself! and now the saga continues..........

exoticaquaria

so heres the response i got from TENECOR today. 2.5 weeks after i sent them pictures of how the tank looked like. seems like they are are not taking responsibility regarding this issue and rather blaming it on the shipping company. what a terrible company to deal with.

"Michael:

Thank you for your email.

Since our last conversation, we have been attempting to assist you in processing a claim with the shipper. I say, “assist youâ€, because our terms and conditions, with regards to the product, are “FOB Shipping Pointâ€. This means, from the time the freight company picks up the product at our facility, it is no longer our responsibility. As per these same terms and conditions, it is the responsibility of the person receiving the shipment to thoroughly inspect the product for damage before accepting the shipment from the shipping company, which is expressed with your (or your agent’s)signature. Unfortunately, the person who signed for the shipment in this case, appears to have done so without inspecting it first (presuming the damage happened in transit).

That being said, we have been attempting to assist you by providing the shipping company with the initial information to begin the process, and are at their mercy as they work through “their†process. Shortly, I will send you the paperwork. If the shipping company accepts responsibility, they will send you an insurance check and you will need to discuss with them directly the logistics, including responsibility (cost) and method involved in sending the product back to us for repair, which you will be responsible to pay for.

I would also like to reiterate, this is not a “warranty†matter. The tank left our dock, following inspection and signature by the shipping company, undamaged. Your damage clearly occurred at some point in transit, upon arrival, or post-arrival, as a result of an undetermined amount of impact to one corner of the aquarium. The shock was absorbed at the sight where the damage occurred, as illustrated in the pictures you provided.

I will shortly forward you all of the information in our possession for you to be able to follow up on your claim. Please contact me when you are ready to ship the product back to us for repair and we will make this a priority."

SO THE MORAL STORY OF ALL THIS. DO NOT BUY FROM TENECOR!

AroNoob

Wow, that's terrible customer service. How can they think that it was damaged in shipping as there is no damage to the outside corner.

Good luck with the sale of the tank and the purchase of your new one.

Ron

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear this is now going to be a drawn out process.
Was there any word on the tank that was supposed to have round edges? Or are they chalking that up to a preinspection as well

exoticaquaria

no word on the rounded corners. i dont think they are going to do anything about it!

they did however send a replacement sump for one guy. but did not cover broker cost etc.

some parts are still missing from this order incl silencers, bulkheads etc.

what a terrible company... no wonder why all the top guys left tenecor.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
What a shame.

From all the threads I've seen about Tencor in the last year it sounds like they're really shooting themselves in the foot regarding customer service.

Best of luck, Matt. Hopefully something good will come of this shit storm.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
What a shame.

From all the threads I've seen about Tencor in the last year it sounds like they're really shooting themselves in the foot regarding customer service.

Best of luck, Matt. Hopefully something good will come of this shit storm.

exoticaquaria

im thinking about selling this tank and ordering a new one.

i want to be able to sleep at night knowing my tank is in 110% condition

hondas3000

im thinking about selling this tank and ordering a new one.

i want to be able to sleep at night knowing my tank is in 110% condition

Mike its no need to sell, I did a second look on the chip, it does not look nice but it can be fix so you can sleep 110% better at night and since its on the bottom so the pressure is not that strong either. I do have the acrylic stuff to seal that chip so I can help you with it. No tank is 110% safe unless you know what you are doing.

exoticaquaria

Mike its no need to sell, I did a second look on the chip, it does not look nice but it can be fix so you can sleep 110% better at night and since its on the bottom so the pressure is not that strong either. I do have the acrylic stuff to seal that chip so I can help you with it. No tank is 110% safe unless you know what you are doing.

well i just ordered a new tank. if someone wants to fix this one, by all means. i just dont feel right using this tank. everytime i look at it, its just going to piss me off. i wont support this company and dont want to use their product.

except for the 150 tenecor i got from theo lol. im happy with that one.

honda, if you want to come over and help me fix it, by all means!!!

Well, I had went through many troubles with tenecor last year,
with three times delay over 4 months and missing silencers that never send to me, also problem with shipping and delivery.
I wrote on this forum that if I can choose again I won't go for tenecor.

exoticaquaria

Well, I had went through many troubles with tenecor last year,
with three times delay over 4 months and missing silencers that never send to me, also problem with shipping and delivery.
I wrote on this forum that if I can choose again I won't go for tenecor.

i should have listened lol. oh well live and learn. what happened here is just going to get exposed. on a lighter note, i cant wait to get my new tank!!!

CanadaPleco

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, what a pain in the butt!

After some of the horror stories on this forum alone I sure know who I won't be going with when it becomes time for a nice big acrylic tank.

Who did you end up choosing for the replacement tank though if you don't mind sharing?

exoticaquaria

so still want to do group buy for tenecor :). Your tank is small for me or else it is a good deal to pass.

lol. lesson learned but oh well. ill brush it off and have some fun with the hobby. im sure my pictures are circulating all over the net now and tenecor just lost a lot of sales for themselves!

i will announce the new company when the tank arrives! in the meantime, the company is going to send me progression pics!

exoticaquaria

fast service with the new guys. the actual process is not a long time! tenecor just sucks at customer service and basically takes their sweet time after the moneys been paid. should have known this is what they turned into, i would not have ordered through them!