315 Gallon Setup - TITAN AQUATIC!!!

flagtail

What do they do....router the edges after tank is assembled?

What's the advantage of leaving the excess acrylic while gluing?

RDFISHGUY

Its much easier to get the solvent to flow into the seam if there is extra material and router it off after.

exoticaquaria

Its much easier to get the solvent to flow into the seam if there is extra material and router it off after.

yup thats what ive been told.

here are some pics of my tank before they box it up. still in phoenix but due to arrive in van on friday! only a few more sleeps. hopefully shipping will go well so i can finally set this thing up! ive waited long enough lol

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

exoticaquaria

heres a few more pics! i got them to add custom cut outs for each lid which will make it easier to lift off. the lids are also supported all the way around which gives it a neater look instead of 4 small pieces of acrylic glued to the lid like what tenecor did which was cheap looking. all i can say is that Titan did a great job building/packing this tank for delivery!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

exoticaquaria

order a mike tank! im sure they still have the sketch for this one. might be a popular seller for titan lol.

tank finally arrived today! was scheduled for last friday arrival but it was thanksgiving weekend for our friends in the south! no trucking even though its suppose to be a 3 day delivery. shipping went smoothly. no damage what so ever. with the big crate and excellent packaging that the tank came in, i didnt worry too much!

before i set the tank up tonight, here are some pics of the delivery.

t11.jpg

t13.jpg

t15.jpg

t14.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

thanks theo! im happy im finally able to setup the tank. its been a long time overdue but heres is what ive done so far. minor issues here and there but will be fixed within the week. one issue is that one of the quiet one 9000s keeps rattling so im only using one of them right now to run the entire tank. the other is working fine and noise is tolerable. ill figure out what to do with the noisy unit. maybe DOA? needs to be replaced? im also running a koralia 8 to keep the water flowing for the time being. even with the 2 9000s running, water flow seems to be good. i was pretty scared that its going to be overkill but it looks just right! theres a few tiny water leaks here and there but besides that, nothing too serious. i have improvised for the time being by using rubbermaid lids and made them slope back into the sump. itll do for now until i tighten the bulkheads after the rubber piece soften ups a bit.

heres a few pics of the setup. ill be adding all the bacteria tomorrow when the temp is right. also featured is the DIY lid that i got Titan to custom made. every big tank tenecor made had no handles! these acrylic lids are very heavy i got them to cut out custom handles and added a cover for each to minimize water coming out of the tank from my fish splashing. the sump is working fine. water moving freely with each chamber. im glad that design worked as well lol. the overall system is pretty quiet. i just have to replace that one quiet one 9000, setup my UV and i think everything is good to go. i cant wait to add fish in there. im sure my arowana and dat will be happy!

t24.jpg

t25.jpg

t16.jpg

t23.jpg

t22.jpg

Joey

Beautiful tank!

Quiet ones are typically load out of the box. I find they almost always are. A few weeks later, they become silent.

exoticaquaria

thanks guys!

i find the quiet ones to be super loud! can anyone suggest something powerful/energy efficient and QUIET!?

so this morning, the temp finally got to 82! my hot water tank ran out of warm water last night and 75 percent of it was filled with cold water. i was storing all my old media from my old 210 gallon in a 80 gal tub for the past 2 weeks along with 2 plecos to keep the bacteria alive. i transfered all the media into my sump this morning to speed up the cycle. water should clear up by tonight. i also added my friends unwanted green sev to the tank and 2 plecos in a rubbermaid tub to start up the cycle (didnt want the plecs to suck on the acrylic). im hoping to add my arowana and dat after a week or two. then the rays after 3 weeks. i think that should be ok!

the minor dripping from the bulkheads is hardly noticeable now. but i think ill leave the rubbermaid lids there as a precaution for the time being. that way water slides back into the sump. i have to figure out how to get my bio film media to circulate in the 2nd chamber. i think its because theres not enough water flow since im only using 1 pump.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

first fish is in today! finally! its nice to see my 8 year old rtg in his final home. theres now a lot of room for him to swim around and he can finally turn without hitting his tail on the glass. my widebar dat and loach will go in at the end of the week. rays i will hold off a little longer. probably around the 3rd or 4th week.

DSC_1489.jpg

DSC_1477.jpg

DSC_1476.jpg

exoticaquaria

also to be added in:

7 year old ST.

12 inch big fat clown loach

2 Black Diamond Rays, 12 inch female and 10 inch male.

Also ordered 2 kelberi peacock bass to add in. size approx 10-11 inch.

i think its a full house already!

here are some pics of the tankmates. they are in a smaller 150 gallon tank for now until transfer. i will transfer the st and loach at the end of this week and rays in 2 weeks time.

DSC_1498.jpg

DSC_1501.jpg

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1495.jpg

DSC_1497.jpg

B.Tig

Love it!

I am glad all the wait and patience paid off.

Can't wait to see the rest of the stock in the big tank.