And so it begins... 1300 gallon setup

Joey

This is one of the coolest DIY tanks i have seen yet! any shots of the seams? id like to see how you did that... what did you do for bracing?

glamit

wow thats cool ... but how does that work ? u shaped tank ? wouldnt they get kinda confused ? how thick is the glass you're using ?

sorry i am not quite sure i understand your questions??how does what work? also i dont see why the fish will get confused, all fish will eventually adapt to thier environment.

glamit

That is very cool and I do see why you want to do it, but why wouldn't you want to finish the basement walls and ceiling first?

the reason i dont want to finish the basement is because my basement is full of tanks. I breed a lot cichlids, as will as 5 tanks dedicated to discus along with another tank for my gold head sapphire golden xb. i do quite a bit of water changes and would rather have the concrete there in case of spills and evaporation.

glamit

Update

Hey guys been really busy with the plumbing and such, been a little backed up but heres what i got done so far...

Attachments

• DSC02317.jpg
    DSC02317.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 852
  • DSC02318.jpg
    DSC02318.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 837
  • DSC02319.jpg
    DSC02319.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 852
  • DSC02320.jpg
    DSC02320.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 794
  • DSC02322.jpg
    DSC02322.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 874

snow

Oh man your tank is out of this world. I believe this is the nicest tank I have seen in this hobby. Its better than anything I've seen on MKF and all the other fish sites....I truly mean that too, what a wonderful looking tank. Do you live here in Canada?

glamit

Oh man your tank is out of this world. I believe this is the nicest tank I have seen in this hobby. Its better than anything I've seen on MKF and all the other fish sites....I truly mean that too, what a wonderful looking tank. Do you live here in Canada?

Grately appreciated snow, this tank has been such a headache but i know it will be all worth it in the end. I am located in Calgary Alberta

Ronin

Update

Hey Lamit, how bout some new pictures of your finished tank! I know it's up and running by now, (after all I did all the plumbing on that monster) whats taking yo!

Lol

But seriously bro, get on it, just show the people at home what the thing looks like when it's running, even though we're still waiting for the temp and bacteria to be put in before we start loading it up with fish!:D:D

glamit

Hey Lamit, how bout some new pictures of your finished tank! I know it's up and running by now, (after all I did all the plumbing on that monster) whats taking yo!

Lol

But seriously bro, get on it, just show the people at home what the thing looks like when it's running, even though we're still waiting for the temp and bacteria to be put in before we start loading it up with fish!:D:D

You did all the plumbing huh?? last time I recalled you couldn't even put together an Ehiem lol... anyways i'll have all the pictures ready by the end of next week.

Ronin

You did all the plumbing huh?? last time I recalled you couldn't even put together an Ehiem lol... anyways i'll have all the pictures ready by the end of next week.

Hey now, play nice. It's true, I had an eheim break on me cause I fitted the connections too tight and it was leaking, but that was two years ago now. At least we know if I ever have to move an aro from one tank to the next I'm the one you can count on to try and catch em if they jump, unlike someone else I know that not only doesn't bother going for the catch, but actually moves out of the way and watches as the aro hits the ground. C'mon now. :eek:

RDFISHGUY

Did you put the glass together yourself or did you contract it out? By the way great set-up. Only thing I'd change is background color as I prefer black. Otherwise its wicked!

glamit

Did you put the glass together yourself or did you contract it out? By the way great set-up. Only thing I'd change is background color as I prefer black. Otherwise its wicked!

No I didn't put the glass together myself. I did a blue background and a black bottom because there will be 5-6 bbxb color shines nicer on a blue background