BD Pup - Sept 2014 Update

chen88

Super Moderator
Decided to keep a couple of pairs of my BD pups for myself...last night I decided to put the 2 males born at the end of July into the main tank with the rest of the folks....looks pretty good so far. The male pups are approx. 7-8". I'll introduce my larger female pup born a year ago into the tank tonight and the smallest female around Christmas.

chen88

Super Moderator
well....it's only 3 adults (1m/2f) but I added the 2 male pups in yesterday to see how they will do....seems to be doing great right now....I'm going to add one more female pup in this week (she's around 8-9"). The last female pup that was born in July won't be going in until she picks up size/weight so it'll be at the end of the year or early 2015.

Predation

Talk about dream tank. I would park a chair in front of this tank and never leave. I think if i ever bred BDs i would be greedy and want to keep them all. They're so beautiful.

chen88

Super Moderator
Are you worried about the larger rays biting the smaller ones?

i was at one point but wanted to give it a try and hoping parents smells pups to be their own....so far into day 3 and no biting...I'm keeping close eyes on them.

Talk about dream tank. I would park a chair in front of this tank and never leave. I think if i ever bred BDs i would be greedy and want to keep them all. They're so beautiful.

well..I sold 1 pair (1m/1f) so keeping my last 2m/2f for myself...I'm sure my larger female is prego again for the second time in a year so hopefully some more pups before end of the year.

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks J., They're in my main tank and being chased with a little bite marks here and there but I'm sticking with keeping there for now unless it gets too bad...need to get them accustom to being with bigger rays.

chen88

Super Moderator
want to keep them...but would need to setup another tank but no room..so not really sure. nice problem to have i guess