frontosa with arowana???

anybody have experience with keeping frontosa with arowana?

in a 220g, i have a 18 inches red aro, and seven KK parrot, will it works out if i add three 5-6 inches frontosa???

Eddio

I've had one frontosa with a jardini before in a 100~ gallon tank a few years ago. They didn't bug each other when they were small. But when they both matured, the Jardini was just chasing him every chance he got and showed quite a bit of aggression.

Never tried it with an asian aro, but they should be tamer than a Jard. I am actually keeping a Panda SR with a frontosa (small 2-3 inches) at the moment. Been watching them for 3 days now, and they don't bug each other at all.

Frontosas also like caves and such, so you have a better chance at it if you build some caves out of driftwoods and what not. To be quite honest though, it'll be hard to keep them together for you since your aro is already relatively big.

Just my 2 cents. If you ever try it, I urge you to keep a close eye on your frontosa if you want him to live. :)

Last edited:

danfong88

I've had one frontosa with a jardini before in a 100~ gallon tank a few years ago. They didn't bug each other when they were small. But when they both matured, the Jardini was just chasing him every chance he got and showed quite a bit of aggression.

Never tried it with an asian aro, but they should be tamer than a Jard. I am actually keeping a Panda SR with a frontosa (small 2-3 inches) at the moment. Been watching them for 3 days now, and they don't bug each other at all.

Frontosas also like caves and such, so you have a better chance at it if you build some caves out of driftwoods and what not. To be quite honest though, it'll be hard to keep them together for you since your aro is already relatively big.

Just my 2 cents. If you ever try it, I urge you to keep a close eye on your frontosa if you want him to live. :)

it depends on size of the frontonsa, I will putting in 3"-4" Frontonsa with my RTG.... I think it will OK

arapaimag

anybody have experience with keeping frontosa with arowana?

in a 220g, i have a 18 inches red aro, and seven KK parrot, will it works out if i add three 5-6 inches frontosa???

I find in my big tank it's no problem. My RTG seldom goes 2 feet below the surface and the frontosa's (a few dozen) never come within 5 feet of the surface.

I've never tried it in shallow tanks because frontosa are a deep water fish. Several of the adult frontosa in the tank are rescues from pet shops because of swim bladder problems. When placed in the big tank they swam to the 9 foot level and within 1 to 30 seconds their bladders adjusted and they swam normally again.

can anybody compare the difference between chaitika frontosa and burundi frontosa, in terms of size and colour, because ppl are selling chaitika frontosa double the price compare to burundi.

i plan to keep 18" red aro, 15 parrots fish and a flag tail in 220g
and 8" xb aro and three 5" chaitika frontosa in 100g tank.
what do you think of it??? any suggestion?

i have not decide either to have frontosa or stingray in my tank, i think 220g may not be big enough for stingray in a long run, plus stingray may require better water quality compare to frontosa.

AKSH

ONE TIME HAD A 6-7 INCH MOBA WITH THE 15 IN RED ARO GOT KILLED OVER NIGHT IN A 200G. PLUS THE TEMP IS A ISSUE TOO. FRONTS ARE DEEP WATER FISH HANGS AROUND 77-78. UNLES U WANTS TO KEEP THE ARO IN THAT TEMP.

Marius

ONE TIME HAD A 6-7 INCH MOBA WITH THE 15 IN RED ARO GOT KILLED OVER NIGHT IN A 200G. PLUS THE TEMP IS A ISSUE TOO. FRONTS ARE DEEP WATER FISH HANGS AROUND 77-78. UNLES U WANTS TO KEEP THE ARO IN THAT TEMP.

x2 I wouldn't mix Frontosas with Arowanas, especially not 5-6" Fronts with 18" arowana.

i just want to know which is easier to feed stingray?
i will have 18" red aro, and 7 KK parrot in a 220g tank.
SW, MP or pellet, i just hope the food can sink to bottom before KKP eats all.

thanks

rudy

can anybody compare the difference between chaitika frontosa and burundi frontosa, in terms of size and colour, because ppl are selling chaitika frontosa double the price compare to burundi.

i plan to keep 18" red aro, 15 parrots fish and a flag tail in 220g
and 8" xb aro and three 5" chaitika frontosa in 100g tank.
what do you think of it??? any suggestion?

i have not decide either to have frontosa or stingray in my tank, i think 220g may not be big enough for stingray in a long run, plus stingray may require better water quality compare to frontosa.

Howard,

Get Mpimbwe Mine is like a dog. Eats out of my hand!

Burundi are less colored with large humps and are my second favorite. Most of the other species are not very interactive. Some of the colors on the higher end ones are nice but unless you are getting a colony I wouldn't waste your money.

Get a bigger one. They take forever to grow