Mid-Upper Level Tank mates

chen88

Super Moderator
What's a good Mid level swimming Tank mate? I'm going stay away from Pbass, but was looking for something to fill the mid to upper level of my tank....

m_class2g

Sponsor
a huge widebar chen!! thats exactly what you need. =)

besdies that, im not too sure what else would be in the same caliber as your current stock.

chen88

Super Moderator
Keep telling you to ship me your wide bar! Everytime I show up at the airport they send me away !

EEYY

What's a good Mid level swimming Tank mate? I'm going stay away from Pbass, but was looking for something to fill the mid to upper level of my tank....

How about a school of fish? Could be Angel or Discus or Scat. Hey, even endlicheri would like to swim around.

chen88

Super Moderator
My tank right now would be too unstable for discus and angels as well as my current is quite strong. Hrmm

EEYY

My tank right now would be too unstable for discus and angels as well as my current is quite strong. Hrmm

It might sound a bit "crazy". If I have a tank size like that, I would go for 1 or 2 good looking Japanese Koi. A red to match the aro and a black to match the rays.

Something close to this . ( [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sev1xWN-lh8"]YouTube - Arowana Koi 錦鯉 ç´…é¾ é¾Âé­š tank 3[/ame] )

Last edited:

carcrazy

A half a dozen red hook silver dollars schooling together would look nice or a few tinfoil barbs. They make very good dither fish. They are not the most expensive or rare fish but they do look nice (imho).

Paul

Silver dollars for sure I use them in my CA cichlid tank toughens them up too so they aren't as sensative.

NOT SILVER DOLLARS
they eat the shrimp before it gets to the bottom,
srsly chen a pair of orinos or kelberis is your best bet to compliment the arowana and rays
you need a little green ;)

EEYY

With this tank size, maybe you could think of getting a flowerhorn or red mammon, but not both.

Cimmel1

Hey Chen, If you can find them, a group of scatophagus tetracanthus would look absolutely stunning in your tank.

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...just not sure the sources for these guys...I really like all the suggestions especially on the schooling types of fish...

chen88

Super Moderator
I'm trying to get my hands on 5 5"+ Black Barred Silver Dollars. Apparently these are hard to get, and perfect size for my tank...going to see if I can find another 5 for a total of 10...will consider Red Hooks....need to start looking for those!

EKen

Super Moderator
Personally, I find Red Hooks well... too common. Don't you want want something like this:

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 758
yea bro i found my black bar silver was actually aggressive at times and strikes my arowana at times, i had to let him go
i again suggest some nice kkp or some nice pbass or even Australian rainbows, to be to be eaten