New Tank Setup

chen88

Super Moderator
Hmmmm think he's around 12-14". He seems to be loving it in their. Need to redo my air disk line to the black ones before I start adding my rays in their. Target as mentioned is superbowl weekend. All water test seems fine so far. Might put in one of my leo's after this weekend. After one Leo, then the rest will all go on after I'm completely satisfied that all is good. That's still going to be nerve racking so going to Fo transfer on a Friday night so I have the entire weekend to monitor them.

chen88

Super Moderator
OK....I wasn't going to do it! but it's too damn cold ouside and I wanted to change my air tube from bright blue to black...here's a quick dip in the tank!...no skinny dipping! lol

Going to introduce one of my smaller Leo's into the new tank today to see how he does....either that or the Aro goes in!

What do you guys think? all water param's are good...just did a 35% change in the new tank...added everything I need to...should I go for one of the leo or the Red?

http://www.youtube.com/user/klcc8888#p/a/u/1/_MOhAVuoudM

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
me too...although one my leos are quite strong....hrm....might put the aro in later tonight or tomorrow...to tired from my swim this morning! LOL

chen88

Super Moderator
I wouldn't really say it's a test...tanks been running for a little over 2 weeks with media from my old tank so it's safe ( I think! ) I thought about adding live fish to cycle but I've added stability, old filter medias and such and think it's pretty good...besides buying cheap fish which are generally small will end up in my sump through my overflow! LOL...anyways...aro, tig and 2 leo's are in the 450gal now and all seem to be doing good...the 3 BD's and 2 Henlei's will remain in their old tank until this coming weekend!....almost there!...almost there!

carcrazy

You are brave to swim in your tank like that! Aren't you afraid of adding anything into the tank, like anti-perspirant? I am always paranoid about putting my arms into my tank up to my armpits. Maybe I am being over cautious. That did look like a lot of fun! And your tig looked a little surprised!

chen88

Super Moderator
Actually I took a soapless shower in the morning before the swim so as to reduce Amy nasties. Also I was doing water change so that help.

chen88

Super Moderator
Lol, no peeing. I thought there were some bubbles, not sure if they were from me or the air stones. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
drop in my Regular Leo's last night...doing very well. I have a powerhead 901 in the tank which is great to circulate the water at the bottom of the tank. The Aro loves it so much he stays in the stream at the bottom...so not with the great flow at the bottom...that the only place he swims! LOL..sigh..when I turn it off he's back at the top..

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Considering putting in a center piece or a couple of malaysian drift wood...also a place for the Tig to hide. He goes crazy with the slightest movement and darts back and forth hitting himself!...heard this happens often with Tigs....