New Tank Setup

chen88

Super Moderator
Ahh looks like my old friends look very happy in there :)

Where did you get that wood from?

yes they are...they've had a few issues...ie.. the Rays doing the WWF on them but theyve since found a way to get out of the head lock!...

I had dragon Aquairum order me some XXL Malaysian Driftwood...wanted to try one out first but like it so will go and pick up the other 2 to put in the sides...will be good hiding spots for the Tig, RTC and SD's from the Aro and rays. The one wood in there now is being used by the ST so that he can have a break from the Aro chasing him :)

chen88

Super Moderator
ok...eventually I'm going to have to close this thread since my tank is done with the exception of some work to the sump I want to do later on..

posting a youtube video in another area of the forum

i know the feeling chen "(
happens :( i hope the st does ok.. arowanas can cause too much stress by chasing 24/7
i also hope the st does not seek revenge..
hopefully they all learn to accept eachothe

T1KARMANN

this tank looks great

as for the aro ST conflict

i also a slight conflict but the ST is the boss and the aro knows it lucky the ST only needs to show the aro who's boss every few day and no damage

you may want to take the aro out of the tank for a few weeks then put back in

its a shame that most people end up selling their big ST due to aro conflict

I'm lucky my ST has been kept with different size aros from when the ST was 2inch but things may change when they both go in the new tank :(

chen88

Super Moderator
they seem to be ok.....the Aro had one split on his tail but that'll heal...no longer fighting from what I can see, beside I have no other tanks to put the aro in so they will have to learn to get along!....

T1KARMANN

they seem to be ok.....the Aro had one split on his tail but that'll heal...no longer fighting from what I can see, beside I have no other tanks to put the aro in so they will have to learn to get along!....

same as me no spare tank but it is a scary sound sometimes when the ST snaps at the aro

kevincao

woo finally made to the end of the post, wow 20 pages lol.....took me an hour to read all that i thought it was never going to end! nice to see your st doing well, hope you can reunite all the sd lol

chen88

Super Moderator
hrm....last night the Red lost a couple of scales...wonder if they're chasiing each other and he ran into the drift wood!

m_class2g

Sponsor
my rtg and st has been going at it since day 1. its been 2.5 years now and its the same. im planning on adding more tankmates/crowding the tank a little more. my sts been taking such a beating lately. dont want him to stress out too much.

oshiet

My ST is also the bully of the tank, but having more fish definately helps spread out the aggression. Im just happy that I can have the opportunity to own an ST, and even more happy for the fact that I finally weined him into eating pellets! :D