possible pregnancy?

m_class2g

Sponsor
i was just watching some tv and noticed my male hybrid ray chasing my marble female a lot. for the past 2 weeks, there has been a lot of chasing and biting but i didnt think of it too much. maybe he finally got to her tonight? she excreted a lot of white waste which made the water all cloudy and also had a long string of white stuff coming out of her anus. its def not black solid waste like normal. she was breathing heavily and wasnt swimming around too much with the male constantly following her from behind. prior to night, she was always very active. i didnt see the actual mating of the rays but just excited to see such behavior. any of those that bred rays before, your input would be appreciated. thanks!

heres some quick pics with my phone.

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

hustler

I dont have Alot of stingray experience....
But ive cleaned up the sperm cloud once with way too many pails of water and changed my floss..... and it panned out till later my aro's ate the babies....
Sounds like you may have a ringer ;)

m_class2g

Sponsor
lol thats not good! my rtg is a big eater too and i think ill put a divider in when the time comes. first the waiting game to see if the male was successful!

m_class2g

Sponsor
nothing yet lol. shes eating a lot but as what people have told me, over a month until ill be able to see movements on the back of the ray? by that time ill be in asia.

snow

So you won't really know until you get back lol. Good luck, rays are starting in breed here in B.C., just take a look at honda3000 pups.

skynoch

You may need to stick up a webcam if your gonna be gone.
And it really does suck when all your babies get eaten so hopefully the divider holds.

m_class2g

Sponsor
2 new pics. so far no movements yet... how much longer!?? im leaving in a week for 6 weeks. hopefully ill be here when she gives birth!

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

m_class2g

Sponsor
ahhh great. thats good to hear! i hope she hold off until i get back!

anyways, here is a short video clip. she finally sat still for once. lol.

m_class2g

Sponsor
heres the most recent vid.

how much longer from the looks of it!? she got pregnant on dec 13th. so a little over 3 months now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89jJ80-HYRg"]YouTube - 03092011 female marble[/ame]