Special Project for 2010

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Thanks for letting me (us) live a dream vicariously Chen. My 550 gone...but my porch painted...and some beautiful photos to look at. Time for a Carlsberg. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Video as promised...i'll grab my HD cam to video it when everyone has settled in and divider is taken out...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-HxECaNZoo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-HxECaNZoo[/ame]

chen88

Super Moderator
bad luck to talk about money on Aros and Rays :)

And besides if my wife happens by and reads this....I might end up with the fish!

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

That's it for now. Once my bds are in the tank mid next week I will take the divider out so the 9 pang long aros can swim free.

Tank by Tuesday will be stock with:

5 - 8" diablo red from pang long
2 - 8" wild bbxb from pang long
2 - 8" absolute gold xb from pang long
5 - 7" black barred silver dollars
3 - 7" royal silver dollars
2 - 8-10" wild caught P12 Henlei stingrays (1m/1f)
4 - 8-15" wild caught P13 Black Diamonds (2m/2f)
1 - 17" Platinum Red Tail Catfish ( soon to be going to a new home)

Last edited:

hondas3000

omg.... how much $$ for all that?????

The shipping cost alone can get you another high end aro and I am surprise Chen wife didn't notice a big $ change in the bank account :). You really show us all how an aro comm tank should be Chen. Very admire.

Now I look at my aro comm tank and feel like a gold fish tank compare to your :(.

b-man

ok chen share your secret, how do you get away with this with a wife AND live to tell about it! feel free to PM :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Buy fish and get to live to tell

ok chen share your secret, how do you get away with this with a wife AND live to tell about it! feel free to PM :)

LOL...I'll do the get fish and live for dummies like me...

step one: Bring wife to shop for cheap gold fish and odd balls and sound very excited about the purchase...do this for approx. 3-6 months.

step two: Bring home medium range cost fish but larger size then step one and start calling them by the more expensive names! ie...bring back silver aros and call them platinums :)

step three: IMPORTANT stage...slowly let the fish from Step two grow large enough that they start eating the fist from step one without letting the wife know!...

step four: Slowly replenish eaten fish from step 1 and 3 and restock with the actual fish that you've been practicing call from step 2 and 3.

step five: Don't get overly excited when wife notices the change in your stock, "they've changed their colours and shape but that's what happens to cheap fish"

step six: Should be practice by ALL.....and probably should be Step ONE...is .....Don't let you wife know what's in your bank account nor go back to any LFS with you!....other then Big Al's.

Last edited: