Special Project for 2010

chen88

Super Moderator
here's just a quick photo from late last night...sorry for the poor quality...too lazy to pick up my slr and didn't want to turn on the lights from the actinic lighting so as not to stir them up....but released the aros to the rest of their mates late yesterday...amazing that they swam all over the tank...also the SD's has always stayed near the bottom but area now mostly swimming mid to top level all the time...pretty cool to watch as together with the SD's and Aros they fill the tank!...expecting my BDs to arrive tonight so that'll be it for the 2010 project for now....

here's a crappy shot..

photo-1.jpg

bcarlos

*waiting patiently for the BD arrival* :)

I love that Pang Long gold XB. That fish is going to be a stunner.

chen88

Super Moderator
*waiting patiently for the BD arrival* :)

I love that Pang Long gold XB. That fish is going to be a stunner.

Yeah...both Absolute Gold XB's are stunning....once I get everyone settled in and kid's back to school stuff finished...perhaps then I'll clean the outside of the tank and then take out SLR and take some nicer videos and photos instead of using my phone Cam! lol...

Best time to take photos using very late at night or very early in the morning ie...when it's dark out...so perhaps this coming weekend..

BD's arrive at 7pm tonight...wooohoo....nothing too special of BD's, just regular BD's although one has spots like Jaguar foot prints...she's the price one for me, the other male/female are big spots but still fairly young ....

better photos and vids on their way this weekend.

chen88

Super Moderator
Update Photos & Videos

Ok...here we go with some so so pics from this morning and a couple of vid's..

Full Tank Shot, with and without flash.
IMG_5812.jpg

IMG_5817-1.jpg

Female WC P12 Henlei
IMG_5895.jpg

Black Diamonds, one with Jaguar Prints and cowfoot print...lol...the other one is my big guy..he's big spots are already started eclipse...camera doesn't take good pics of that....anyways...all is happy...

Female with Jag foot prints...
IMG_5883.jpg

Under belly of both new BD's...forgot if this was the male or female :) but they were pretty much the same..
IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5861.jpg

IMG_5862.jpg

and now the vids...hope this works as it's the first time Im using photobucket for vids... EXCUSE the Kid's voice...lol...

Last edited:

hustler

WOW...
Awesome chen It looks PERFECT.
and everyone has great fins and scales in that comm...... Whats your secret lol.

hustler

LOL fair enough....
No problems with all the powerheads and bubbles blowing fish around the tank? Looks like you have quite the current going in there :)

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...lots of water movement...like to get more SD's smaller size to keep everything in there busy....probably add another 5-7 medium size wide bar SDs like the 5 that I have ...

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...the feeding is a task on it's own already...I now have to feeding from top down.

earlier in the week I wanted to feed the rays first but the Aros kept charging down at it with the SDs.

so now I feed aro until they are full, then I drop in pellets for the SDs until they are full then I feed each Ray at a time to ensure they are getting their food...especially with the new one as the existing large 16" Male harass them and take all their food so now I feed the Large male first until he's full....all this time keeping an eye on the RTC since he'll never be full! LOL..

b-man

LOL...I'll do the get fish and live for dummies like me...

step one: Bring wife to shop for cheap gold fish and odd balls and sound very excited about the purchase...do this for approx. 3-6 months.

step two: Bring home medium range cost fish but larger size then step one and start calling them by the more expensive names! ie...bring back silver aros and call them platinums :)

step three: IMPORTANT stage...slowly let the fish from Step two grow large enough that they start eating the fist from step one without letting the wife know!...

step four: Slowly replenish eaten fish from step 1 and 3 and restock with the actual fish that you've been practicing call from step 2 and 3.

step five: Don't get overly excited when wife notices the change in your stock, "they've changed their colours and shape but that's what happens to cheap fish"

step six: Should be practice by ALL.....and probably should be Step ONE...is .....Don't let you wife know what's in your bank account nor go back to any LFS with you!....other then Big Al's.

LOL, i see i've made many mistakes. (in no particular order)

1) i tried to get the wife into fish and explained to her the different level of the hobby. i even dragged her around asia to fish farms and breeders.

2) joint accounts after marriage.

3) getting married before i having monster tanks, at least i have my turtles

great job chen. hope to see them in person one day! btw you can also try using a pvc feeding pipe for the rays and bottom feeders

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...doing pvc but small pieces of MPs get stuck on their way down...I have to cut up small pcs of MPs for the new rays until they get big enough to take a half or full piece like my large male...

Bad idea with the joint account! LOL...another trick is don't let the money get into your account first! LOL

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I can't believe summer has been so hectic I've missed this thread :(

Simply amazing, Chen :)

I can't wait to see follow up pictures as these aros mature

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok, maybe I do up a hd vid tonight together with feeding. Aros are good so far with aggression but are crazy during feeding.