sr with me RTG's

arl

All my aros are from panda. Added the last RTG to the comm last night and so far he's still quite. The fight now is between the two small SR's and sometimes the small SR's tries to pick a fight with the bigger RTG's but the rtg's just move away.

arl

BAD BAD BAD things happened to my small sr's. F****ing rtg's are eating them again!!. Just didn't feed them for ONE day, the following mornig they started jumping on the sr's. Was out of the house whole morning and when I got back at lunch about 1/3 of the back is ripped open with all meat hanging out. How they do it is jump out of the water and grab the back of the sr. No ripped fins or anything just the back ripped open. Its BAAAD! Rtg's are back at the bottom tank. AND I THOUGHT I GOT ME A PEACFULL COM ALREADY?????:confused::(:mad:

chen88

Super Moderator
sorry to hear that....when you mentioned the back of the SR being ripped open? was it the tail? or is the tail gone too?

arl

sorry to hear that....when you mentioned the back of the SR being ripped open? was it the tail? or is the tail gone too?

No. The tail is completely intact no rips or anything. It's the 6th and 5th level (even 4th level) scale, about 1/3 of the body length closer to the top fins(pectoral fins???) and it is only in one area that they were bitting. Probably the site of the flesh made all the rtg's excited.

arl

I took some pics yesterday but I don't have computer access at home right now. Will post some pics next week.

hondas3000

wow, That's why we always feed them if you want to have piece comm. I do pray for my comm to have fin and tail bite rather then body and scale drop. Hope your SR recover soon.

arl

Here's a pick of how bad my sr's were few weeks ago:

picture-165_.jpg

They're a little better now. Big RTG's are back up in the tank I just made a eggcrate divider for the 2 sr's.

1goodcatch

ohhh very sad to see!
I am in the process of trying to get a 18'RTG and 2 SRs (12") to get along.
the TRG is very sneaky, only attacks when no one if is looking!

arl

aros and a couple of plecos. Thinking of adding 1 silver. I have always wanted a silver, their shape and the way they swim.

arl

sr's are doing fine. They use to be together but I have to separate them about a month ago as one is gettinga little bit dominant. The skin are all dark now and scale may even be coming out already. I'll mix them again in spring when I can run my bottom sump and put the 2 nasty rtg down there. I don't want to heat too much water in winter... too expensive.

arl

Added my 2 SR's again to my RTG tank. Been there for a week now ..........Hope it last a little longer