Stingray learning curve...

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Picked up some marbles to fill out the RTG tank and also for the photographic challenge. Let's face it, rays are not exactly the best subjects. Flat fish that for the most part, stay on the bottom or the side of a tank. Well, I think they've got potential to be stars. :)

I just have to figure out what makes them tick, other than breeding. ;)

Shot with a nikon d300, 60mm f/2.8 nikkor lens, su800 IR transmitter mounted on camera, and two sb600 flashes positioned above the tank. Shot against a black background.

oct12ray2small.jpg

oct12ray3small.jpg

oct12ray1small.jpg

m_class2g

Sponsor
nice pics!! i find it very hard to take pics of my ray. keeps moving around too much!! lol. although you have done quite well. pro pics!

chen88

Super Moderator
man I've got to learn how to take photos like you Gerry!....how the heck do you get the back ground to be so black? I've only got a canon Rebel XT...planning to upgrade to a D90 this christmas....maybe perhaps a D300....but it's more then the camera to get these types of shots! Nice.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks, guys. :)

chen88, the background is black. ;) You could get shots like these with your canon. All it takes is for you to use overhead flash. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
do you have your overhead flash over the tank? or over the camera? hrm....must play with this!

CORVETTE

All i can say is if a picture can be done and done well you will be the one to do it....looks unbelievable as always Gerry...now i want rays again.lol

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks, guys! I've got a couple more to post. I'll do that when I get home.

chen88, the flashes are above the tank. :)

Gerry