Successful shipment

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Another fine order from DragonFish. This little guy is now adjusting to his tank. It was hard to decide which one to take because both males that came in looked amazing. Very happy to own a pearl :)

Lucky #8 :)
CV%20Maju%20Nov2009_shipped_out%20090.jpg

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I'm trying to figure out what kind of female I want to put with him :)

My first CB and he's already eaten some shrimp an hour after getting into the tank... awesome :)

Last edited:

m_class2g

Sponsor
wow awesome. i guess thats what we can expect with captive rays. my new wild caught marble is still on worms. chews mp and just spits it out. i hate training them lol

chen88

Super Moderator
training is stressful! especially for rays when you just get them but very satisfying when you succeed...its not like getting aros to go on hikari.....

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Well its almost been 24hrs in the tank and he seems very well adjusted and searching for food. He knocked over a divider to look at some small silver dollars I was using to get the tank ready for him. He is all over the walls of the tank. Pretty smooth transition I'd say :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I followed Mike's advice of soaking some cut up prawn in thawed out (frozen) blood worms for bit; and now my pearl is eating prawn. :) Sure is satisfying to see such healthy fish with strong appetites. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
where are you pics Theo? hows the tank coming? hopefully it gets up and running before mine arrives :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
pics of the fish see dragonfish.ca homepage, one of those rays is mine; pics of my "work in progress", give me another couple weeks. :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The very first food I gave them was the small size Hikari sinking carnivore. The rays touched the pellets and then jumped back like the pellets were scary somehow. Then they stayed far away from them on the other side of the tank for hours and so I removed the pellets. Then I gave them live bloodworms and they all gobbled them up and so I knew at least they would eat. Then I pumped them up on the bloodworms for that day, and starved them for the next 72 hours before shipping. The breeder says to use shrimp/prawn, cut up fish, blood worms or earth worms. I have no real idea how to get pellets happening; for now I just want to bulk them up on other foods for a while.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
niiice. cant wait to see pics. is this pearl with any other rays?

Just sharing a tank with my tigrinus and 6 2" silver dollars

I've tried throwing in some Massivore and he will taste them then spit out, swim around, try again, spit out, and goes on until the silver dollars eat the pellet. I'm sure he would take after a day or so starving but I'd rather bulk him up for now as well :)

Last edited: