SUPER-RED ARO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHILLI RED

Super-red asian aro for sale. From Elkindo farm. Around 18". Eating Hikari food sticks, freeze dried krill and m.p. Nice red colour. $1600 firm. Will throw in some food. Located in Belleville, Ontario. Pick-up only.

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 798
  • 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 804
  • 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 807
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 877
  • 281.jpg
    281.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 875
  • 285.jpg
    285.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 876

CHILLI RED

Aro still for sale. I'm thinking I might keep it though. The colour is really coming out now. Looks really good now. Might move it into a larger tank with my ST and fei feng.

danfong88

yes.... it better to keep it you will not be able to find the same quality fish out there today. It will give luck and health for 2010.... especially with the market with arowana fish.
The quality of fish out there is as good anymore.

danfong88

I guess it is difficult market to sell Super Red Aro now. maybe after Chinese New Year 2010 will be a better time?

icebeast

no because lucky fish store are selling those stupid dynamic reds for like 400$ 4inch fish
and i seriously do not suggest gettin any dynamic reds or any fish from that farm forgot the name cause i have 2 cross back n 1 red from that farm i so regret my cross backs looks worse than a high back i want to cry

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
This fish for sale is in another category than any cheap reds being sold in stores. Elkindo is a good farm with a good name and reputation. Any farm that could produce an "Oscar De Lay Hoya" deserves respect. I met Edo when I was in Indonesia. I wanted to import from him at one time, though for various reasons involving other importers in Canada it did not work out. That said, if I was living anywhere within a 6 hour drive of this fish, and was in the market for a quality adult SR, I would buy this fish in a flash.

To give you an idea of how nice Elkindo's can turn out (keeping in mind of course that it depends on which ponds and stock we are talking about), check out some Elkindo fish I photographed for sale in Holland last summer:

Some cool fish for sale in Holland, summer 2009

Whoever gets this fish at the price offered will have gotten an excellent deal! :)

carcrazy

I bought my dynamic red about 2 years ago for $1200 so $400 sounds pretty good to me. At that price a community would look pretty sweet. I am jealous of others red aros that actually look red.

That said, my aro has just started to get red on her scales, though she has quite a bit on her gills. I opened the blinds to let some sunlight into the tank, hoping that it would stimulate the aro to turn color. Within a week, she started to color up a bit. This may just be coincidence as my lfs suggested I keep her in a dark tank with black background. Who knows?

I guess I'll just have to be patient to see how she turns out, though I like her just fine all the same.

Last edited:

danfong88

I total agree with your RTG Gerry, Lucky is sell cheaper grade of arowana and might even turn red...
I guess buyer should be careful.

chen88

Super Moderator
was there today...lots of small aros....but if you want to start a comm tank and don't really mind on the top quality then I'd say its a very good buy....you get what you pay but also you pay what you want!....

Cypher

I think the reason why Lucky sells these reds so cheap is because they do not want to make the same mistake of having too many arowanas that they cannot sell because they become stunted due to poor nutrition and living conditions. If you've been there lately you will know what I mean. Most, if not all of their Reds (excluding the recent batches from DFI and Dinamika) are stunted.

I know what the cost is for importing these arowanas, and I can tell you that they are selling them with very little profit. Don't expect these prices to stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.