Super Reds

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks. :)

Some pics from today. These were taken with flash. There are dark tiles in these tanks now, so lighting the fish becomes more of a challenge.

dec27CVMAJU1.jpg

dec27CVMAJU2.jpg

dec27PL1.jpg

dec27PL2.jpg

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Some pics of the CV Maju from today. The Diablo has become very flash shy so I'll try with him again later.

jan9CVMAJU1.jpg

jan9CVMaju2.jpg

jan9CVMAJU3.jpg

jan9CVMAJU4.jpg

jan9CVMAJU5.jpg

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm trying to keep their conditions the same. Water parameters, lighting, diet.

The Maju seems more shy overall but eats a little better than the Diablo. The Diablo is much more outgoing but much more camera shy.

Then there's the challenge of shooting pics in blacked out tanks. :p

sonny503

great photos, I do photography but not fish photography, I've had hard times taking fish pictures, thanks for sharing the settings.

ISO 1000
Shutter speed 1/80-1/100
Aperture F/6.1
good lighitng no flash, bare bottom

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks, guys.

These taken with flash.

ISO 200
F/16
SS 1/200
3 speedflashes covering about 4 feet

Both are still not giving me many opportunities. Aros are not stupid and they will make me spend a lot of time with them before they start giving me the poses I want.

One of each.

jan24CVMAJU.jpg

jan24diablo1.jpg

RDFISHGUY

They are both coming along nicely but I prefer the diablo. Nice shots and thanks for posting the settings for us to try to emmulate at home.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks, and no problem, Ryan. :)

It's important when trying different settings to take at least two pictures since even the position of the fish relative to the flash position can give different results.

The Diablo has some crazy shine to him. you'd think the shine would drop a bit being in a blacked out tank.....;)

I am using the exact same lighting for both fish, fyi. :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Now that is developing into a chilli red for sure. Do you think that your Diablo is more "blood red", or do you see the "red/orange" as being similar on both fish at this stage?

Congrats on doing a fine job raising your fish.