White Gars

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yeah, white gars. They are about one in a million; they sort thousands and thousands of fry to find that one special fish. :) While I was there Jeffrey showed me some buckets that had some likely candidates. I took some photos from above but they did not turn out that great.

chen88

Super Moderator
well...Mike has a couple of them that I want but i would have to check with the canadian wildlife folks, I've never done that before so not sure how to go about that! sigh....nothing is ever easy are they?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Actually Chen, it is extremely easy, trust me. Nothing hard about it at all.

If you are happy with what Mike has and the price is right, I think you should go for it.

With me you can get a better price, but it will take a while. :)

Hmm, I think I need to split this thread into two, set up a "how to import your own fish" thread. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
I'm definitely happy with the white gar from Mike. They have a little black on the tail but very happy with them...both of them are between 12-14" Post when you can on the importing your fish if you can...I'll try to find time to call tomorrow after I figure out the number to the wildlife folks....

chen88

Super Moderator
OK...change of plans...going to hold off on the gars for now as tank cost a bit more then anticipated and since that is the priority, white gar will have to wait a bit..

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I just heard back from Maju:

Hi Theo

Good day,

No this time, I don't have stock, my new stock of Gar still egg today, they would be hacthing next 2 days.
If I'm lucky I will get one, I will offer to your customer first ok.

I will keep you posted

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
So, the price quoted me is $5000 US, not including shipping or taxes.

I note that the fish in photo looks to be unblemished, pretty sure that Mike's at H2O had blemishes.

I don't know if Maju will bargain on price, if any one wants the fish I can relay offers. I am willing to help anyone get this fish for no charge on my end. I would just like bragging rights to import one. :)

gar1.jpg