xingu update

Mack

Looks great Scott. i will try and post a couple pics of my xingu. How long have you had this ray for?

skynoch

Probably not the smartest move to post these bro. If I saw this....I wouldnt be selling mine. lol! jk
Ya I probably shouldn't have posted until I found my male. lol
wow nice fish !~@!
Thanks
Wow I want 1 that's the Nicest ray I have seen
:)
Nice ray Scott. Incredible collection.
Well not quite incredible yet, there are some others that have a couple up on me in the ray department. Keep trying
Badass ray
Thanks
SWEET ray

any videos? love to see it in action.
I think I have some old ones that I can dig up.
Looks great Scott. i will try and post a couple pics of my xingu. How long have you had this ray for?
That would be great if you could post them up. I can't remember if this female came from the same shipment as yours or not. If not they weren't far off.
Lucky you...

Totally agree... She's very pretty girl !
I do feel pretty lucky. I wasn't sure if they were ever going to turn or if they would just stay like the they were when they first came in. I guess that patience thing was good

Gumby79

Wow that is amazing how it has turned out, even I had been very sceptical if the xingus would ever turn out. Just Beautiful.

skynoch

Wow that is amazing how it has turned out, even I had been very sceptical if the xingus would ever turn out. Just Beautiful.

Good to see you on here. Hopefully you will be able to post some pics up for us also. I'm still not sure if all of them turn or just some.

rudy

is their any guarantee yours would have turned like this tim.were these rays all wild caughts????

We got 10 in and there was only one we speculated would not turn. Think it was Scotts old male? All others seem to be turning. To most they look like a ugly brown ray that came from deep water so nobody wanted to go for them. Scott and Lyder have patience....I don't. I had 2 males and 2 females. Only the females are left. All look to be turning

Mark Huveneers

Old pic i shot a few years ago.

elwitto.jpg

skynoch

Old pic i shot a few years ago.

elwitto.jpg

I remeber seeing this pic on the net years ago somewhere (or something almost identical) and there was no info on it but was speculated at the time to be a hybrid and a big secret on the mixture. So my quest to figure out what type of hybrid it could be started. Boy was I glad when Oliver brought a few of these in and I could finally own one and figure out that it was actually not a hybrid. Thanks for sharing the pic Mark. Do you know the actual p# or r# for this ray? I'll have to dig into my aqualog but I thought I saw one in there under the r#'s.

skynoch

i cant wait to get one

still scott we only seen old pictures when she was brown and a little teaser of her now.come on man you have to post some more pictures.maybe a top view

I'll be borrowing a dslr again shortly and will snap some more shots then. ;)

Superlaz

Scott, She's a beauty! Im surprised how nice she's turned out. I mistakenly assumed that only some of the Xingu's would change to such a stunning pattern. Ive seen pics of when recently brought in, and like with most rays, their patterns vary...the pattern on her when brought in seems to be one of the more subdued...VERY NICE Ray. I hope you get a male for her..

skynoch

Scott, She's a beauty! Im surprised how nice she's turned out. I mistakenly assumed that only some of the Xingu's would change to such a stunning pattern. Ive seen pics of when recently brought in, and like with most rays, their patterns vary...the pattern on her when brought in seems to be one of the more subdued...VERY NICE Ray. I hope you get a male for her..

Good to see you made it on here. It really took her forever to get to this point but well worth the wait. I'm not sure all the xingu's will turn out this way but it seems that others that had brought them in the same time as me are following the same way mine has.
lol, when we first got them we weren't really sure they would ever turn out and ones like mark were very unique.
I'm hoping I can get a male or at least get one on loan to stud so some other people can enjoy these.