new year new project

T1KARMANN

the UVs were driving me mad trying to work out were to place them all with the in out in out shake it all about and the pipes

i wasn't sure if i had left enough space for the bends in the pipes but it all worked out in the end

the UVs and all the control panels and wires are the one part of this project i can truthfully say i done all by myself :D

Arodynamic

Just wondering, the parallel plumbing of the Vectons (in out in out, hokey cokey) must reduce the turnover/flow of the pumps??

T1KARMANN

Just wondering, the parallel plumbing of the Vectons (in out in out, hokey cokey) must reduce the turnover/flow of the pumps??

its only 1 pump that drives all the UVs

with UVs is all about flow rate to slow and it will boil the water to fast and they don't do anything

each UV has a max flow rate of 1400 lph

so if my math was right 4 x 1400 should let you pass 5600 lph throw the UVs

it will slow the flow down a bit so i think maybe a 5000 lph pump would only push 4000 lph meaning it will be slower than recommended so should warm the water a bit so should give the heaters less work to do meaning less elec :D

chen88

Super Moderator
nah thats it just waiting for the p14 pups then it will be a p14 group not going to sell many of the pups for a few years

are your p14's expecting? would you put the pups in with daddy and mommy? I guess you have sand substrate so they can hide from the ST and SR...I'd be terrified to put in pups with my BD's never mind the st/aro wanting to nip at them...

are you going to be putting in the lince cat, frt and pearl rays you have at your buddies?

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
oops see that the lince cat's already in.....wished I could get a hold of one in Canada...love that they don't seem to settle down and just keep swimming none stop unlike the Tig and Plat RTC.

chen88

Super Moderator
Hey Richard, any further updates on the tank? any new tank mates?

how's the lince doing in the tank?

T1KARMANN

Hey Richard, any further updates on the tank? any new tank mates?

how's the lince doing in the tank?

no more fish will be added unless i cant help myself

the lince is doing well feeding great now on white bait and prawns

if you are after one i can put you in contact with the person who exported it

but to tell the truth i dont think i could handle a fish like the lince in my living room they will make you dizzy for sure :D

chen88

Super Moderator
I've got a lead on a 12" Lince....it's the dizzy affect of them never stopping that I would like one! :)

T1KARMANN

I've got a lead on a 12" Lince....it's the dizzy affect of them never stopping that I would like one! :)

its a very cool fish but its hard to look at anything else in the tank as your eyes are always drawn to the lince

im happy mine wont eat pellets as it would be hard to get the pellets to the rays