Aro's eaten a suction cup

chen88

Super Moderator
well...witness one of my tank divider suction cup falling off the inside and bam! the biggest Red swallowed it. Too late now to get it out!..not sure what's about or will happen!....no fricken way is that coming out the butt! LOL...

Joey

Well, luckily its silicone and flexible. I think he has a really good chance at passing it. Although thats a pretty big suction cup.

hondas3000

You need to get the aro out and into a medical tank so you can add Epsont salt, that way the aro will spit out. Don't know if you remember which red :)

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...no chance of that happening..I don't have another tank...and its the biggest red...I'll just not feed for a few days and hope for the best...

chen88

Super Moderator
Well....after almost 2 months after eating a clear suction cup....look what I found last week at the bottom of my tank! YUP...it was once Clear!....amazing that he had it in for that long...sorry for the lousy pics...too lazy to use my dslr so used my iphone..

quick update...my female BD was definitely prego....but during one day when i was at work a month ago, she went from FAT FAT to skinny as a bone...i figure she gave birth and the rest of the group had a expensive lunch!. I suspect it could be either one of the other 2 BD's as I noticed they were fat in the belly vs the aros and tigers....

hondas3000

I wonder which way did the suction cup comes out :). btw did you notice the cloudy water after the ray get skinny again? I always get very cloudy water after ray gave birth.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Wow. Lucky the suction cup got passed, unlucky about the ray. You might want to get some kind of holding tank, or even a plastic children's pool to hold your female next time she gets pregnant? I wonder what is involved in moving a pregnant ray, whether there is a risk of "miscarriage"... :confused:

Kyuss

Well....after almost 2 months after eating a clear suction cup....look what I found last week at the bottom of my tank! YUP...it was once Clear!....amazing that he had it in for that long...sorry for the lousy pics...too lazy to use my dslr so used my iphone..

quick update...my female BD was definitely prego....but during one day when i was at work a month ago, she went from FAT FAT to skinny as a bone...i figure she gave birth and the rest of the group had a expensive lunch!. I suspect it could be either one of the other 2 BD's as I noticed they were fat in the belly vs the aros and tigers....

Wow....I just read this thread....that is amazing....lol....lucky fish....was also wondering what size your tank is....beautiful fish btw....thx

Kyuss

thanks...tanks's 450gal acrylic 8x3wide x 2.5 tall

Sure is a beauty....I'm looking for one around the same size....do you happen to have any aquarium tank leads that you could forward to me for my own search....thanks