Jan 2014 Update

chen88

Super Moderator
Seeing how Howard updated his tank...I took out my iphone :) here are the boys and girls. Separator in place for Prego BD female as well as BBXB to grow back his fins. 1 of 2 Reeflo pump died so added more water movement into tank until I get a chance to install the new Waterblaster...

How time flies.....Howard and I purchased our tanks and setup the same time from the Tenecor in the states....

exoticaquaria

Chen nice update! That ST is looking awesome! Very well fed! How big is he now? Looks to have grown a lot since I sent him.

chen88

Super Moderator
Chen nice update! That ST is looking awesome! Very well fed! How big is he now? Looks to have grown a lot since I sent him.

He's never hungry! Lol....I'll have to figure out how to get a measurement. Everytime I go near the tank he comes right up and stares me down so difficult to measure.

Really nice setup and fish what sort of reds are in there ? Looks like a blood/chili in there?

Thanks...reds are.....ready? Diablo Reds from Pang Long. :) all my aros are Pang Long Aros

exoticaquaria

Yeah....ready for another ST...lol....

haha i'm sure you are. problem is, i haven't been able to find one for some time now. yours and another guys st was the last two i was able to find for quite a while. they are even harder to get now a days. hang on to that one Chen!

chen88

Super Moderator
haha i'm sure you are. problem is, i haven't been able to find one for some time now. yours and another guys st was the last two i was able to find for quite a while. they are even harder to get now a days. hang on to that one Chen!

Yeah for sure. Guess I'll wait...money's going into my F1 races this year anyways...heading to Monaco, Montreal and Austin so no flow for another ST ...yet

tman

Super Moderator
Cool stock and I like how you hang those powerheads. Never thought of doing that but it would have to be a bare bottom tank for it to work.

brianyam

nice set up. i have a pang long as well, and so does my father. we bought it together from brett a few years ago. frankly, at that time never heard of that farm...but i noticed these two have very confident personalities, and don't have drop eye. often you buy an aro and it looks great, but as it gets older, they get scared easy or get stuff like drop eye. not sure its just the genetics of this farm, but i would say they got good stuff.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah...I don't get too hung up on DE's especially with Reds...I'd say it has a lot to do with the genes (always a discussion piece). I think DE also has a lot to do with what other tank mates you have in your tank as well and not as much on diets as some might say as I feed my Aro's mainly Massivore. All of my Reds have DE on one eye...like I said...don't bother me as to me it's their nature....

I don't notice that they get too scared at the moment...I got these guys from Brett 5 years ago as well..