New Tank Setup

chen88

Super Moderator
oh oh...a bit of an issue. I was called to Jury selection today and thought that it would finish today...but unfortunately i have to return tomorrow for 10am and was told I would be there for most of the day. I'm getting my tank delivered tomorrow between 11-1pm. My wife is at home so I'll have to get her to sign off on the delivery and hope that there are no damages as I'm not sure how much she's going to inspect the pallets!. so i guess I'll have to take a chance. I have friends coming to help me carry the stuff into the house between 4-5pm so hopefully it sitting on my driveway for approx. 4-5 hours isn't going to hurt it too much!....

sigh...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Hi Chen - I'd ask your wife to take photos from/of the four corners of each pallet. Chances are everything will be fine, but still Good luck!

chen88

Super Moderator
Nothing is ever easy...so I'm back from Jury Selection..have to return back tomorrow. The tank was delivered with "Tail Gate Service" which I was told by Con-way the freight company that they will leave the tank on my driveway...which was fine!....so the guy (1 guy) shows up and ask my wife to go and find 10 guys to help me get the tank off his truck!..WHAT the F***!...Wife tells ask him how am I going to find people now? I spoke to Conway yesterday during my clearance and specifically ask them if they will drop it off on my drive way...the answer was Yes, so I called them back today and they passed me onto the Dispatch...Dispatch says...looks like that the 3 crates were fairly large and heavy and ask me how would the driver be able to off load on his own!..I told him NOT my problems as I had asked yesterday! further more I asked him did they not see what was being loaded onto their trucks to figure out things before they leave? so now I have to wait and call him back at 2:30pm to figure out when it would be delivered and I would have to have people to unload...further more I might be charged storage fees if they go back to the warehouse!...this is getting me so pissed right now you wouldn't believe it!....sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

chen88

Super Moderator
well...I'll have to bite my tongue when the guy comes back either today or tomorrow...just want to get the tank off the freaking truck...once done I'll tell him to F@#$#@ himself...but until then I'll be nice! :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok...here we go!...Tank is in and in place....the good and the bad!...let's start with the BAD.....Screw Tail Gate Service...the size of the pellets for our 8ft plus tanks are in pellets that are 10ft and CAN NOT be lowered onto residential streets unless you have a loading dock which I'm sure most of you don't!

The second time around for the delivery with the tractor trailer guy was "Ummm, I was told you have people to lift it off the trailer!" the bed of the trailer is like 4 ft above the ground...each pellet weights a tonne!...

FIRST OFF!...I must apologize for so few photos!...I was helping with the move and also directing so no time for any photos of the actual unloading! .. TRUST me...STand beside a tracker trailer and imagine lifting out 2 10ft crates waiting 600-700 lbs each, then another 6ft at 500lbs....from up high to down load!....

Fortunately I had 8 guys who lifted the crates down to the ground from the trailer!. Im still fuming over the way the freight company dealt with this and will be making a lot of noise tomorrow....if I have the energy...

Once down we uncrated everything....here's the trick in getting tanks through a single door!...since when going through a door way..you can't have people on either side of the tank but only at the ends, i purchased moving straps called Shoulder Dolly!....this allowed one guy at either end to have shoulder straps with them under the tank and stand to go through the door way with only 2 guys!.

It took us almost an hour to get in...the TANK weights a tonne....it's 1" thick so you can only imagine...the stand was also solid wood on the outside but inside was 2"x2" steel stand!...sigh...I'm so tired and was so afraid I'd hurt the guys I had helping but it's all over!...now the hard work for me to set up on my own...talk about good measurement if I can say so! LOL...I had half an inch clearance to get through my door and then the stand had an inch clearance on either side at it's final resting place!....have a look....

ALOT of cleaning and setting up to do for the next week or so...very late nights!...I won't get much opportunity to swim in it! when I got my last 8ftr I wanted to but didn't get the chance!....this is my chance!...when it's set up and before the fish goes in...I'm going to go for a quick swim!...

Tank doesn't look big in the photos!...but TRUST me...it's big! lol....

HOWARD....BE WARN! you better have AT least 10 guys for your tank...AT least 10 and warn them they will have to lift your tank off the trailer onto the ground!....

EMPTY DRIVEWAY
IMG_0395.jpg

FULL Driveway...
IMG_0396.jpg

Here it is at it's final resting place
IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how did Theo got those tank off the truck years ago......
i was told the total weight of my tank and stand is nearly 3000lb.
I should talk to Dennis about defer delivery date, since i am planning to move this year,
i don't want to move 670gallon tank twice.

chen88

Super Moderator
mine was close to 2000lbs.....here are the pcs i have to put together...going to be tricky since the sump is 5ft and I only have 6" of room above the sump to the underside of the cabinets. I'm also going to be placing 1/2 Pink rigid insulation on the entire floor of the cabinet so the sump and pumps sits on it to reduce noise. Also placing rigid on inner walls where i can to reduce nose.

Tank inside is very dirty...have to find time to get on some socks and get inside and start cleaning....once tank is scrub and clean with a lint cloth!.....I'll empty the excess water with a wet vac....then refill to half the tank! ONLY half! ...because that's when I'm going to relax in my tank and go for a swim....my girls wanted to come in with me...I just might and take a half family photo....wife WILL NOT come in!....bitch!

Check out the pumps...they are huge...

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

lights setup and ready to go
IMG_0407.jpg

Inside of the cabinet..you can see the Steel Reinforcement and the 5ftr sump!
IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Here's the Map to putting all these things together..I would start now...but considering it's almost 12:30am and I have to go to Jury Selection tomorrow morning I'd better get to bad....Home save Home....that's all I care now ...let 's off no Leaks! LOL

TenecorManual-3copy2dragged1.jpg

TenecorManual-3copy2dragged.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
FYI>>>>.This is the absolute Largest tank I can get into my house!...trust me!...wait till it's setup....friends and family are going to sit their pants...but not until I first!...bed time...long long long day!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I wonder how did Theo got those tank off the truck years ago......
i was told the total weight of my tank and stand is nearly 3000lb.
I should talk to Dennis about defer delivery date, since i am planning to move this year,
i don't want to move 670gallon tank twice.

The tanks were delivered by crane to my place.

You can see photos of my big tank (only a 8X4X2.5 - Not as big as you guys! :) ) in the link below:

http://www.dragonfish.ca/drift_wood_and_tenecor_tanks.htm

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Wow - what an odyssey Chen! Congratulations on getting the tank in your house in the middle of winter. You will never forget this experience I am sure!

I can't wait to see how this project evolves. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Will I lied...was going to sleep but really going now!...almost fell asleep inside the tank! LOL...just trying to wipe down inside as best as I can considering how tired I am....tomorrow if possible I'm going to fill 1/4 to 1/3 of water...and go in for my bath! lol

Also will be installing a huge UPS that I have a brand new unit from my office for our server....ordered an extra so I can have it.....

I think the Natural Oak I choose my Cabinet was a good match...even wife liked it but she's not happy with me on the size! LOL...I think she was expecting a lot smaller....she's noooooot happy right now! LOL....

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Last edited:

Joey

Beautifull tank... that tank is either really big, or your really small! JK

I will be following this thread closely.