Tenecor Group Buy 2009

chen88

Super Moderator
as previously posted, i'd be going for the marine setup ie..includes all sump plumbing, lighting and also would like to have them add a UV sterilizer to the system. Cabinet and canopy colour can be selected later but I ill be going for the wood cabinetry vs. Acrylic. Just send you an email on the specs from what I can gather from the catalgues...thanks Theo.

Well, i will go for everything, tank, wood stand and canopy, markine rdy setup with upgrade size sump, also add UV serilizer. Then it will just be plug and play.
However give me a few days to finalize with the tank sizes.

Chen, can you give me the advice of how did you add support from the basement, also can the support be remove afterward, because i am plan to move to another house after two years period. and approximately how much will it cost???
because the tank and sump would add up to almost 800gals

also when do you expect for the tank??

thanks.

i hope this is the tank for life time, after many year into this hobby since highschool. i spend a few $$$, into to aro, now stingrays. i am glad i have a decent job to support me to this hobby. Not many ppl beside us can understand how i spend a few grands on a fish.
My fiancee would want to kill me that i spend more on a tank than diamond ring. And i use more time and $ on this hobby.

chen88

Super Moderator
I'm just following with the same support I did for my previous 400 gal in the kitchen, I used 2x8's wood studs to match the same size as my floor joist, I then added a top plate of the same size and a bottom place and that's it...it is more work then I made it sound as I had one of my carpenters do it! LOL...but I'll be doing it this time on my own....

chen88

Super Moderator
would be considering Marine package 6 filtration with 2 returns per overflow...just wanted to log that in case I forget.

carcrazy

i hope this is the tank for life time, after many year into this hobby since highschool. i spend a few $$$, into to aro, now stingrays. i am glad i have a decent job to support me to this hobby. Not many ppl beside us can understand how i spend a few grands on a fish.
My fiancee would want to kill me that i spend more on a tank than diamond ring. And i use more time and $ on this hobby.

I hear you, this hobby is extremely expensive. And if you throw in a couple of saltwater tanks the price can go even higher. I think I have probably spent in excess of $15k on this hobby and all of my tanks are used! Throw in a few fancy rays and high end red aros and I could double that pretty quick. Time to go out and buy that generator that I keep meaning to get, just in case.

chen88

Super Moderator
Theo, the last time you placed the group order...who paid canadian taxes? I would think when they cross the boarder they will be asked to show paper work with dollars on it..will they be taking care of the GST in ontario? or are we going to have to pay before they unload? I would rather they include all taxes including when it crosses the board so I can wire everything all at once...

chen88

Super Moderator
OK...well...no more posting for the night. I sure hope there's more movement on the pricing from tenecor this coming week...I'd even be able to come up with the funding this week if needed. The next step for me would to get some confirmation on the system I'm wanting, a schematic of the sump, lighting, canopy/cabinet and top of the tank so I can confirm the openings and extra slots.

I'm planning to upgrade to their 40Gal Sump (60L x 18 x 20) sump (capacity up to 800Gal). Might consider the 72x18x20 sump depending on price.

If they also provide other types of light and not the retrofits under their canopy's, I might out of a Canopy and just have the cabinet and have them go to supplier to get me a Nice aqua metic pendant light....would look for 2 x 4 or 2x8.

I'm really anxious to get this going...most here knows me that when I want something it has to be now and not drag on...once it drags on I get my Senses back and then I drop out as quick as I get in!.. LOL

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I think you will need to work directly with Dennis on this Chen. Same thing with Howard. If we were in the same city, I would invite you both over and show you all my documents from the past orders I have done, etc.

Unfortunately I am unable to clear the tanks through customs for you, you will have to do it yourselves.

I strongly suggest you both get a simple import company up and running, it is so easy to do and 100% free. Chen, you can claim your rays and other fish from Oliver as livestock. Howard, same thing with you and the rays you are getting from me. All the two of you have to do is call up revenue canada and tell them you want to register an import number to use for GST when you import goods. It takes only a few minutes to do.

Then you can claim these tanks as a legitimate business expense. That way you do not need to pay any PST. GST will still be payable.

Also, you will be able to declare any electricity bills or fish food bills as a legitimate expense. Even if you never sell a fish, so long as this whole operation can be explained to Rev Can as a legitimate attempt at a business, you will be able to get around the PST on the tanks.

Make sense?

Chen, I will cut and paste what you have sent me regarding the tank you want and forward in an email to Dennis (cc'd to you).

The two of you will have to work everything out with Dennis 100% direct, better to not have me as a middleman.

I will even try and bring Dennis onto this thread to say hi. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
anyone have any negative experiences with tenecor on here? Seems like a few has had issue with them on Monster Fish Keepers where delays in delivery, damaged parts and bad customer services when these things goes wrong? I know it might be a few but since we're all about to drop $0000 on these guys just want to be sure.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I got the wrong size bulk heads for one tank, that is the only issue I have had with them.

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok...well....I'm almost ready to go with this order. I should be confirming my funding by this afternoon and then it's all with Tenecor now to get back to us!.....If I have room I might even go with an over sized Sump...it...their 72Lx18x20 sump....well depend ..

chen88

Super Moderator
not sure if it's an over kill for a 72L sump for a 8ft tank or whether the sump will even fit in the stand for the 8ftr....but will see.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I don't think you can ever have too much filtration, especially for rays.

There is another fellow on the forum DaiDee who just emailed me about getting in on this order for a 180 or 220. He is in Missisauga. Getting extra people like this in on the order is how you can really get that shipping cost WAY down...to zero and even beyond. ;)

chen88

Super Moderator
White Gars

well...I'm anxious to get this moving! I would like to have my set up delivered tomorrow if I could...but I know it's not possible but want to get it ASAP as my stock is increasing and space is decreasing! I've got a couple of henleis coming and might even pick up the pair of White Gar from Mike. Timing sucks right now so .... need tank. Nothing yet from Tenecor.

Chen you are definitely above me, those white gar are $$$, also the male P14 stingray on another thread for $7500 is an overprice to me. I will wait for the group order next spring, I hope Theo can bring us good news.

anyway, i just sended another email to Dennis this morning, to update the price quote.
I am just sit and waiting for reply, difference between me and Chen, is that my current tank can hold my stock for another 12-18months no problem. So this upcoming 670gal could sit in my garage until 2011. i wasn't planning to unwrap the package until i move around end of next year, but now i better double the parts when the shipment comein.

I hope Diadee has all the info he need to get him start.

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...i will hold off on the p14's until next year....but with the gars i'm not sure how to import them so not sure what i'm going to do with them....if it's easy I'd be getting them.

I'm ready for the tank order!....but still no response from Dennis....money's here and ready to be wired....but who knows when he wants it... :)

Are you ready to go Howard? I can't really wait as I would need a new tank sooner then later.

i am waiting for update price quotaton aswell, i am joining the ride, so we can get a better deal with shipping.
Now, we will see if Daidee join or not?
last time, i wait till 3rd business day to receive reply from Dennis.

chen88

Super Moderator
Quick Question? I would glad to purchase the tank through the company I work with...would we still have to register as a "Import" company? I figure if we pay the gst/pst, then we can always claim it through the company?

To clear Customs does that mean we have to meet the delivery guys at the border? man...getting frustrated...lol...nothing is simple even when you want to spend some $$$

I'll also be ok to pay a LFS to purchase the tank for me for a fee...would they be ok to do this?

Just a couple of options as I don't really have a lot of time to do this due to work....so willing to pay the little extra for someone to do this for me...

Last edited: