Tenecor Group Buy 2009

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks Theo....I'll try and give him a shout tomorrow...just try and guess they are gone for the day. Just want the damn Tank!..I"m very impatient....rather put it to bed and forget about it until arrival day!....:) I'll let you know how it comes out tomorrow. He did email me saying the deal has to be done quick to get the delivery discount but it takes the guy a day plus or 2-3 days to get back to you....LOL...pressures on I know....if he had forwarded me the payment details like I had asked earlier, I'd be at the bank tomorrow morning transferring the full amount....guess it will have to wait.

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
LOL.....welll you can invite Dennis to read after I get my tank! LOL.

FYI..I'm wiring him the funds tomorrow (Friday) and I think Howard's aboard too...so it's all good...next step....structurally support my floor before the tank arrival.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Right on! I am happy for you! :)

All my current tanks purchased over two orders - 550g, 150g, 90g, 55g, are Tenecors, so obviously I believe in the product.

A reminder to be very careful about exactly where you want access holes to be drilled. Once you have signed off and faxed the schematic, no more changes can be made. You can not ask them to add another hole of any kind once the tank has begun the construction process.

I think I will go through this email and delete bits here and there ( :D ), so that it is okay to share with more people in future.

I will make sure everyone who pariticipated in the thread agrees with this plan.

Theo, do you mean there will be a top panel schematic send from tenecor, then we lable the access holes then sign and fax back to tenecor??

i will have my tank deliver next spring, probably around march or april.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yup...I had indicated that I wanted a 3/4" slot approx. 12" long at the back centre to the tank's length so that I can put in air tubes...

chen88

Super Moderator
I agree about the clean up! LOL....I was within minutes of changing my order from 96Lx36 to 96x48...everything including the cabinet would have been slightly cheaper for a larger tank! go Figure eh! I figured I better quit while I'm ahead and cleaning will be too much of a headache at 48" deep and only accessible from the front! so I've stuck with a 36incher

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok...order placed and confirmed back from Dennis that funds have been transferred...Estimated Ship date is Dec. 10th....so if 3-5 days after that if all goes well...just before Christmas!

Who else placed an order?

chen88

Super Moderator
good stuff Howard.....hey...do you have 2 other friend that is free mid dec? LOL...I figure once in my house...it will take me 3-4 days to set up and then on the 5 or 6th day i will do the transfer of bio, new water/current and then fish within the same time. Would like to have this set up before Christmas as i'm having a christmas party at my place and if not set up by then there will be no room in my place! LOL...and my wife would pretty much kill me.

chen88

Super Moderator
just kidding.......after it's set up you're welcome to drop by to see how your system will look like in the Spring...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I hope you guys were able to negotiate something better than you would normally have been offered? Please let me know. If not, I am going to push hard for Dennis to offer you something somehow. I am a BIG fan of group buys and of hobbyists cooperating to all come out ahead. If Tenecor gets away without offering you two more of a discount for a BIG order, well then that defeats the purpose of the group buy format in my opinion.

Chen, you will have to photograph the whole process of setting up your tank. Let's see who gets set up first...you or me (*note* I've been setting up my tank for a year now!).

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here is where I will try and come in to help.

Dennis has agreed to provide a 250 banner for this site.

Now I have to sell him on the group buy concept.

I am going to ask him to provide a 5% rebate to customers who COLLECTIVELY spend $15,000 or more. I think this is only fair.

Also, it is the best way to get momentum for future group buys. So far, I am sorry to say, this is not what I call a group buy. Only when you two get some kind of advantage for linking your purchases will I call it a group buy.

I must show Dennis how future orders for Tenecor can be had if he provides a true group buy discount.

The only problem I can see is that one person in the group should be the one to wire all the money and take delivery.

Is this doable? In your case Chen and Howard, maybe not. In the case of a future group buy shaping up in BC it should be...

Any thoughts you have appreciated.

chen88

Super Moderator
well... I guess someone has to start it....so hopefully Howard and my purchase this year will start it up again. I will definitely try and capture the delivery and installation including up until the time I get the tank stock. Theo...you're patient level is 10fold mine! LOL....If I had help from the day the tank arrives until the tank is up and running I would not sleep...but I will have to pace since I'll mostly be putting the setup myself so it will take 3-4 days until it gets all setup...I will document as much as I can!...

DaiDee

As per Theo's request...

I would reallly appreciated if you guys would keep us up to date on the progress of acquiring your tanks and the steps it took.

Such as:

Declaring Taxes
Shipping Costs
Paperwork?
Lead time
Etc.

I hope it's not too much to ask of you guys. That way it will help fascilitate group buys for the rest of us alot easier! ;)

chen88

Super Moderator
I'll be paying for both the gst/pst, shipping for me from Tenecor to Brampton is 4-5 weeks for manufacturing and 3-5 days for delivery. My target is to get the tank up and running between 5-7 days after receiving it! ...NO choice as we're having a christmas party at my place so need to get it set up before dec.25th....Tank ship date is anticipated to be dec. 10th. ...tight....

chen88

Super Moderator
well...it will be 2 weeks Friday that my order went into Tenecor...just emailed Dennis to see if everything is on schedule for ship date of Dec.12 (6 weeks)....been reading that Tenecor isn't that busy of late and some folks received their tanks in 2-3 weeks...fingers crossed ... but will see...