Tenecor Group Buy 2009

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Some photos of the last delivery:

http://www.dragonfish.ca/drift_wood_and_tenecor_tanks.htm

I am trying to find which computer or hard drive has my pricing information from past orders.

I would like to get a 150 gallon sump.

Below you will find the catalogues for 2007, 2008, and 2009. It is interesting to see how the prices change over time.

You will note that the 8X4X2.5 foot tank stands out as a really good deal amongst the other monster tanks.

I will try and find my actual invoicing for past orders, scan it, and post it here too.

Attachments

• Tenecor PriceList_June2007[1].pdf
    716.3 KB · Views: 974
  • dealer prices JAN - 2008[1].pdf
    837.8 KB · Views: 1,857
  • TENECOR RETAIL PRICE LIST_2009.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Okay guys, state exactly what you want; I will forward the whole list to Dennis Hipp, see what can be arranged. I can cc' the emails to you all.

Theo

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Four weeks from when you wire the money is normally the wait time.

The couple weeks right before Christmas would probably not be the best time to have tanks delivered.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah...I was looking at the way the weather is turning out and if I was to order a tank...it might sit outside in the cold for a day...lots to move around to set up another tank and a lot of work so need space...hrm....need to review this tonight...

sorry, one last question...assuming that the prices are in US dollars!...I'll be looking for a complete system ie...cab/can + sump and light...

Chen,

i am still waiting for the price quote for the sump and with pre-drilled filter. Are you plan to order the stand (nearly $4000) too?
Or do you know where to do custom made stand within GTA?

chen88

Super Moderator
Hi Theo, I'm going to need until this weekend to figure out the size that I can (My wife will let me!) fit in the house as I can't get anything larger then 5ft into the basement and need to have a few more days to beg for a 8-10ftr in the kitchen.. :)

I am going to go for the complete set up...ie. Sump, canopy, stand and lighting...all in...

If I move with this, I will also be going for the premium acrylic as well with the black background..

chen88

Super Moderator
OK...I'll be looking for the following:

Ultra‐Rectangles U400L 96Lx36Wx30H with Marine Setup (all pumping, pvc, wet.dry filter, Sump suitable to hand this size tank but will supersize, with Stand and cabinets.

Plus delivery cost.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I will contact Dennis on behalf of you and Howard tomorrow.

Let's see what I can get him to offer.

There is interest out here in Vancouver too, but that will have to be a separate order.

chen88

Super Moderator
Next steps? will be discussing with him directly on what we are looking for? I will be considering the size I had mentioned but also wanted the background and bottom panels to be blacked acrylic, and most likely go for the acrylic stand and canopy vs. wood....already have place for it, would just need to structurally reinforce basement with 2x6's and then we're set!. oh yeah...need to confirm cost! LOL...forgot about the cost!...also in canadian dollars? or us?

Howard, get the money out pal!...and if I get mine, will need you and a few of your friends to come and help me lift inside!, when you get yours, I'll come and help but you need to supply the friends...all my friends are too damn lazy and would rather fry fish then see them swim in a tank! lol

Wow...seems to be moving...need to finish begging wife this weekend.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yes, it is moving. :)

Along with Mike and Chris in Vancouver, someone else is emailing me about getting a tank.

I am going to seriously try and get Tenecor to come on as an official sponsor of this web site, along with giving him his own little sub-forum like he has on MFK.

Looking at 35% discount, along with hopefully bigger discount on shipping.

I will email you guys the email I sent Howard earlier today.

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
Chen,

i am still waiting for the price quote for the sump and with pre-drilled filter. Are you plan to order the stand (nearly $4000) too?
Or do you know where to do custom made stand within GTA?

I don't think the Stand and Canopy is going to be 4K!....well...at least not for the size of the tank i'm ordering.

Since it's going on my ground floor in my living room, the max size i can go is 8ft long x 3ft wide x 30" high. I would have gone for 36" high but I only have a single door and arch ways to go through so one side has to be 30".

This has got to move fast before funds runs out... :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I will check on dimensions for you Chen. As far as I know, almost all their stands are 30 inches high. I have two of them and they are both 30".

Chen, please discuss with Howard about finding a shipping date that works for both of you. In order to get the big discount the shipping has to occur at the same time.

Tenecor is usually ready to ship within 4 weeks of payment. I have had them hold some tanks for me for 6-7 weeks in the past before shipping them out. So long as they know in advance, Tenecor should be able to work around your respective schedules.

chen88

Super Moderator
I need to get the pricing worked out first before talking about ship dates. Need to get total cost for the 400gal system...if we get a good enough discount I might place an order for a 4x4x2 for the basement....depends on the price...I'm almost ready to go, just need to get specs on cab/can/filtration/light....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Chen, I recommend looking at the past catalogue(s), find the package that most suits your needs. Provide as complete a description of the package you want as possible. (Ex. blacked out bottom and rear, etc.). Packages are always 15-25% cheaper than custom made jobs.

Picking up an extra tank or two makes a lot of sense. You will see at the end when we finalize the quotes just how "cheap" and extra tank can be.

Howard, are you happy with the design of the package you have already negotiated with Dennis?