Tenecor Group Buy 2009

chen88

Super Moderator
forgot to ask you Theo, can i borrow those big guys of yours to help me carry my tank into the house! LOL...I'm starting to figure how I'm going to do this now!...I had the previous tank building of my older 400 acrylic tank moved it in..now I have to figure out how to get 6 big guys to do this through a single door...been looking at shoulder straps, glass suction cups...man....

chen88

Super Moderator
well...after following up with Dennis, he informed me my tank is delayed by a week....so going on 8 weeks now...so hopefully it does show before Christmas and hoping not much snow on the ground!....sigh...I guess a week isn't too bad and will allow me to install my structural support this week and move things around next weekend to prepare for the arrival...since haven't got a clue how to get it in the house as I'll have to ask at least 4-5 guys to help carry the cabinet/tank into the house! lol...

Strucutural support is easy...$200 buys me 2 8,000 lbs rated jack post with a 42" steel angle iron to brace between 3 studs....more then enough but wanted to be safe....I'll post pics when I put that in this weekend....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Oh boy, it now becomes a race to see if I can get my one-year and counting tank set up before yours... :)

T1KARMANN

i love acrylic tanks but if you want any pleco forget it

i have herd lots of bad things happen to acrylic tanks with plecos

i have just put a pleco in my tank as I'm upgrading so so i will let you know what happens

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah i heard that about plecos....also heard that for Rays and Aros as well with Acrylics...I hope the rays don't do too much damage to the Acrylic...my rays often suck at the edge of my tank and swimming up and down the sides....hope that that doesn't do much to them....

chen88

Super Moderator
Another delay in shipment...now expected to leave Dec 21st...that's 2 weeks added...sigh....looks like arriving end of december vs. beginning!....have my BD's and Henlei's coming the week before.....man that tank better get here soon!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have been in your situation on more than one occasion. It can be stressful. What about asking Oliver to hold on to the fish a wee bit longer?

chen88

Super Moderator
I would be rather have rays in hand!....got a couple very very special males...afraid it might swim away from me! lol

chen88

Super Moderator
Well...my tank was suppose to have left Tenecor last Thursday and or latest of the 21st...Dennis was going to give me the shipping details as soon as it was shipped...but as for Friday He has not returned my calls all week as well as my emails. I spoke to someone else in Tenecor "name" joe...didn't sound to customer friendly and redirected me to Dennis of which I ended up into his voicemail yet again for the 4th day!....getting a little annoyed at the fact that money is paid and this is the customer service!....I won't do or say much to them right now until I get my tank!....but for the rest of you here...my experience with them has been not pleasant to say the least!

arrgh....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I sympathize Chen. I have been emailing Dennis off and on lately with infrequent response too. I guess it is the holidays? Or maybe their corporate restructuring? Whatever it is, I hope they get their act together fast and get you your tank...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
i love acrylic tanks but if you want any pleco forget it

i have herd lots of bad things happen to acrylic tanks with plecos

i have just put a pleco in my tank as I'm upgrading so so i will let you know what happens

Hi Richard - just noticed your post here, nice to see you again! :)

Merry Christmas!

chen88

Super Moderator
I hope I GET my tank!?

Well, well.....he finally responded via email just now....apparently now it's a few minor parts missing for my filtration and is expected to arrive next week and will now be shipped out next Tuesday or Wednesday....so we're now approaching close to 3 weeks delay as....hrm.....

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
well....looks like the time is near!...Got a call from the freight forwarding company in Arizona that my tank is on it's way. HOWEVER they wanted to know my Customs brokerage information!!! WHAT? I've spoken to Dennis all these times and had asked him and all this time he had said no need, apparently it IS needed!. Luckily the Freight company has an office 15mins from my house in Mississauga and reccommended me to a broker in their building...cost is $50 for all the paperwork and then I go to customs. All within the same building which is great.. I should get this all cleared between 1-1 1/2 hours. Tank is expected to arrive to Mississauga on Jan 6th!...NEXT Wednesday...and hopefully cleared and to my place on the 7th or 8th at the latest! I guess I will have to get my structural support put in this coming weekend.

Will update soon!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Haha - the race is on Chen! I am competitive as hell, so let's see if I can get my 550 set up by then :D

Seriously though, big congratulations! :)

Remember to check everything very carefully before signing off. In particular, make sure that all the bulk head fittings are there, and that they are the correct size. Bring along a camera in case you need to take photos.

Come to think of it, please take photos to share with everyone even if there are no problems. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
not sure how I'm going to check before I sign off? The shipper is just going to drop it off on my drive way...it's going to be crated so I doubt he's going to stick around to watch me take everything apart?

carcrazy

Maybe you can take pictures of the tank before you take it out of the crate (with the sides off), just as insurance in case something is missing or scratched. Or just to tease us.:D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The shipper guy will pressure you to sign off in a hurry. Do not be intimidated, take your sweet time. Look for the obvious of broken or dinged packaging. Then, take a moment and pop a hole in the plastic wrapping to have a peek inside to make sure all is good. You might want a flashlight.

On both occasions I imported from Tenecor I had issues with the bulkheads being either wrong size, too few or too many. Dennis always cleared it up after the fact.

I never had any prodcut come in damaged, so chances are you will be fine. :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Ok, definitely will do that...going to be difficult for the next week waiting for the tank. Got new tv coming so that will distract me until the tank arrives.