Winter/Spring Group Buy - On Location!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Join our dragonfish order! We have many many happy customers from past shipments to Montreal and Toronto! :)

EKen

Super Moderator
Please do not drive down to Montreal. There is nothing much here bro you are going to be disappointed...

endless122

thanks for the heads-up kenta maybe i should look into Toronto, it's just a farther drive for me, but i guess it won't hurt if i have to go down there anyways. thanks

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
We have another customer joining the group for a Panda Red and Xback!
We are pretty much ready to order! Anyone sitting on the fence and thinking about it, you had better make up your mind fast! ;)

Seriously, this is set to be the most exciting group buy yet - if for no other reason that I am returning to Canada in two months and so should be there to take delivery in person along with Kenta!!

I will try to get some photos of current stock held by Mr. Kan in S'pore in two weeks when I fly out from there to Thailand.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
More people joining the order all the time now! Right on! :)

I will be in S'pore for last time next week! :)

Stay tuned!! :)

iamfrontosa

Thanks Cirrus,
Don't forget to count me in for a Panda SR.
Not too sure why Kenta haven't returned my email ~ maybe he is too busy with work.
But count me in !!!!

ALS2000

I am in for a Panda gold. Just give me the details on how to lay down a deposit. woohoo! Took some procrastinating but I'm ready.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yes, Kenta has been busy. I spoke with him by phone today, he should be getting in touch with everyone who still needs to put down their deposit.

For anyone sitting on the fence, you have less than a week to make up your mind. I am visiting Panda on May 14 and fly out to Thailand next morning. I am about to be preoccupied with work-related issues big time as I prepare to move back to Canada. I really want to leave Panda with the order set and deposit made.

This should be a very quick visit this time for me, but also very intense! :)

iamfrontosa

Theo, when you are in Thailand, don't forget to visit Jatujuk weekend market. As the name implies the market only opens up for weekends. The subway takes you directly to the market. A bit of walk if you take skytrain.

Prepare yourself for lots of shopping !!!! bring cash as them venders don't take credit cards and dont forget to bargain. They also have very cool planted take displays.

Go there early....you will have a lot of fun.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Theo, will you be able to hand pick the fish for the orders??

That is what I intend to do. The only thing I do not want happening is people contacting me after I have left Singapore telling me that they want a certain fish according to the photos that I will be posting. I see that as being a logistical nightmare and unworkable. Personally choosing fish at the time I at the farm in Signapore and making the deposit should not be a problem at all.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Theo, when you are in Thailand, don't forget to visit Jatujuk weekend market. As the name implies the market only opens up for weekends. The subway takes you directly to the market. A bit of walk if you take skytrain.

Prepare yourself for lots of shopping !!!! bring cash as them venders don't take credit cards and dont forget to bargain. They also have very cool planted take displays.

Go there early....you will have a lot of fun.

Yes, it is definitely on my "to-do" list! :)

arl

That is a very good arrangement you have there with panda, that they are willing for you to select the tagged aros at the time of deposit even before the processing of the CITIES. My understanding in their usual exporting process(Panda and all other aro farms in Singapore), specially to CAnada, is that they will process the Tag numbers, but will just hang on to them and not embedded in the aros yet. When all the CITIES are done that's the only time that they embed it to the aros (and for you to select the aros among the 4"-5" untagged aros if you are in Singapore or know somebody in Singapore who will select them for you). Reason for this being that it takes about 3 + months for all the papers to be processsed and farms are not willing to hold and keep the aros for that long specially when they are bought at a 5" price. At that age, aros grow at a rate of 1" or more a month so after 3 months they will be around 8" already. That's really great news for this group buy batch you will be getting 8+" aros for the price of a 5"!!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
That is a very good arrangement you have there with panda, that they are willing for you to select the tagged aros at the time of deposit even before the processing of the CITIES. My understanding in their usual exporting process(Panda and all other aro farms in Singapore), specially to CAnada, is that they will process the Tag numbers, but will just hang on to them and not embedded in the aros yet. When all the CITIES are done that's the only time that they embed it to the aros (and for you to select the aros among the 4"-5" untagged aros if you are in Singapore or know somebody in Singapore who will select them for you). Reason for this being that it takes about 3 + months for all the papers to be processsed and farms are not willing to hold and keep the aros for that long specially when they are bought at a 5" price. At that age, aros grow at a rate of 1" or more a month so after 3 months they will be around 8" already. That's really great news for this group buy batch you will be getting 8+" aros for the price of a 5"!!

The CITES people in Canada know us now after 7 orders; last time they cleared our papers in 3 weeks. Once you get established it gets easier and faster. :)

Kenta

Administrator
Ok guys, order is ready to roll. should be getting in touch with everyone soon via phone or email.

Sorry if ive been slow to respond to PMs or emails, im very busy. If you cant get a hold of me give me a call 604-779-4530 anytime, almost.